We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunbury Plantation

Ohio
Level Contributor
174 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Sunbury Plantation

The Sunbury Plantation has gotten some nice reviews, but I was wondering if it is truly worth the price. I saw on their website about $100pp. Can anyone give their opinion? :)Cami

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,866 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunbury Plantation

100.00pp for what?? dinner, buffet.. tour?? and is that US or BBD you are quoting??

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunbury Plantation

Last time we went it was BDS$15 p/p. Worth it at that price. You must have looked at the dinner price.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,866 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunbury Plantation

the majority of the prices quoted are for groups or people wishing to book special events. I found one of the dinners, candlelight dinner, at 100.00usd per person. I believe this is for a special occasion, has to be booked in advance and as a group, I'm sure there is a minimum number of people required. It would be well worth it with everything that is included.

If you want to use Sunbury as a special occasion such as a wedding or dinner function, it is very good choice. The grounds are beautiful and it's totally steeped in Barbadian Heritage.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunbury Plantation

Sunnie, this is one of the places we have short listed for our reception - how far into St Philip is it (the church service will be in Holetown), just wondering how long the drive will be??

Thanks

Vikki x

Ohio
Level Contributor
174 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunbury Plantation

I did not reallize that Sunbury Plantation was more than a restaurant (poor resaerch on my part). The $100pp was in USD and refered to dinner. It is my husband and my 10th yr anniversary and I was looking for somewhere very special to eat. I also didn't reallize that they only accepted groups for dining. Any recommendations since this obviously won't work?

New York
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunbury Plantation

try CHAMPERS in Pocley Christ Church its right on the beach the balcony is right over the water and has a real romantic feel about it . check it out

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunbury Plantation

If you want laid back, on the beach, try the Carib Beach Bar/Restaurant in Worthing. Also, on Friday night, a local by the name of Bob does a mean bar-b-que, its on the beach to the right of the Carib. Lots of locals there, the food is great and the drinks are a fair price. Ask around, or maybe someone else here at TA can fill you in with the exact location.

Have a great anniversary.

Fred

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunbury Plantation

What about Wispers take a look at their website

http://www.wispersonthebay.com/

on the beach great food and decor.

Were you looking for an historic type setting?

Ohio
Level Contributor
174 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunbury Plantation

I was just looking for a restaurant with a romantic atmosphere and great food. I looked at Whispers...it looks great. Should I make a reservation there before I leave the States?

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunbury Plantation

If you are looking for a particular day and time, I would always book to avoid disappointment. You may also want to request a specific table.