We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Made it back to Barbados the second time

Winchester, Kentucky
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Made it back to Barbados the second time

Good Morning All. Finally we are all back here for a glorious three weeks. Thanks to Forum and the comments, we have come prepared made reservations for our anniversary at the Cliff (without the kids), Oistins is on the list for a couple of visits, Champers, Cafe Luna, Zen and the Waterfront Cafe. Booked our favorite Catamaran Calabaza for a couple of trips, booked to go diving with Andrew from Eco Dive, the kids want to try surfing with Zed - now that I have put most of it down, will I have time to relax. When done I will do a little trip report to give back from our experience.

Larry and his Brood

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Made it back to Barbados the second time

Hey Larry, now your here just go with the flow man!! What doesn't get done today could get done tomorrow or whenever. Enjoy!!

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Made it back to Barbados the second time

Have a fantastic time, and let us know how you get on when you get back.

Winchester, Kentucky
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Made it back to Barbados the second time

Well, we are nearly half way through our holiday and thanks butterflysue, took your advice, this is the first time I am actually on the computer checking my emails and touching base with the real world again, very depressing. Won't do that again for a while.

So far we have had the most fantastic and relaxing time ever. Staying at the Crane for another two days and then we will move over to Brigthon, near Spring Garden Highway, where m friend of ours has two huge apartments right on the beach. Can't wait.

We of course enjoyed our Friday night at Oistins, can't see how anyone can come to Barbados without going there. We had dinner at David's very local flavors, and are going to Oistins to buy fish every day and trying our luck at cooking at home, so far so good. For lunch, we bought ourselves a cooler, some hard plastic plates, we load up the cooler with lots of drinks and goodies and go off every second day to different beaches and have a picnic. We loved Miami Beach and Sandy Beach and . The kids enjoyed Accra Beach, also went to the Boatyard for the day, but found out we were not allowed in with our cooler, which I guess makes sense, so we parked next door at Lobster Alive and went to the beach there. Perfect solution. Checked out Lobster Alive for dinner, absolutely great food and the atmosphere just right. Did another picnic on the East Coast, literally just drove off the road onto what seems just like a path and parked and spent the day there with our cooler for a picnic also went to Bath, which we all really liked a lot. Had to go back on Calabaza for a sail, which was absolutely brilliant as usual, the kids begging to go again, which suits us fine - no doubt the most relaxing day we had since we arrived, no driving and the kids just seem to wind down a bit, thank God. Gina and her crew definetely know how to take care of you. Also managed to persuade Gina to come and cook for us one night once we move to Brighton, she is an awesome cook, looking forward to it. Had lunch at our favorite place in Bridgetown - the Waterfront Cafe - it was like coming home, the staff and food there is just perfect. Enough for now, ready to plan our next week on the other side of the island, will keep you up-dated and our cooler packed for more adventures.

Larry and his brood

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Made it back to Barbados the second time

Sounds like you and your brood are having a ball Larry. Carry on enjoying it, I am not jealous at all !!!

5. Re: Made it back to Barbados the second time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2009, 05:59