We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Received my Gourmet Card-Yipee!

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Received my Gourmet Card-Yipee!

I just received my Gourmet Card. Thanks to all you TA bloggers for telling me about it. We will not be going to Barbados (first time) until late November this year, but I am excited to have the card and check the restaurants accepting the card. Has anyone had any trouble using the card, do the restaurants get upset because they have to give the discount? Just wondering. :)

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,523 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Received my Gourmet Card-Yipee!

Lesson no.1 Remember to use it! I've just arrived back and I ate THREE times at our local " Spago" NOT ONCE did I remember to use it!!! and when I did remember it, it was in a restaurant that didn't take it lol.

I really AM going to try harder in August.

connecticut
Level Contributor
606 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Received my Gourmet Card-Yipee!

How do you get the Gourmet Card? We are going in July would love to have one ...

Thanks kathi

england
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Received my Gourmet Card-Yipee!

you can get this card here and also go for the VIP too http://www.barbadosgourmetcard.com

kind regards

carl and gail

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,523 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Received my Gourmet Card-Yipee!

Oh no, just realised I could have used it at Elbow Room as well Boo Hoo !

england
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Received my Gourmet Card-Yipee!

you wil get the VIP card at www.barbadosvipcard.com it will save you loads on trips and car rental

regards

carl and gail

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Received my Gourmet Card-Yipee!

OK have signed up for both cards. Am probably being thick but but on the Gourmet site I can find a list of restaurants but what exactly do you get with the card - is it a percentage off or what?

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Received my Gourmet Card-Yipee!

Oh sorry have found instructions now!!

connecticut
Level Contributor
606 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Received my Gourmet Card-Yipee!

carlandgailp, thanks for your reply I just signed up for my gourmet card but unfortunatly the VIP card is not offered to us here in the United States not sure why?? Its ok,, I was able to get one of the cards so Im a happy camper!!!

Thanks again!

Kathi

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Received my Gourmet Card-Yipee!

I really should visit this forum more often!!! I only just read here about the discount cards, I've applied but they take 14 - 21 dys, we go on Sunday...oh well, maybe I'll phone the UK number and see if they can email something to me.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Received my Gourmet Card-Yipee!

I have just re applied for mine - got both a few months ago but have lost them already. Thinking about doing Sunday lunch at Brown Sugar for H2B's birthday in July.