We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending Money

England
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Spending Money

Hi

I am off to Barbados in 2 weeks time. My boyfriend and I are staying at the Seabreeze Hotel all Inclusive for 10 days.

We are just wondering how much spending money to take as we would like to do some trips while we are there. This is our first time to the caribbean and we havent got a clue how much things are?

Any help would would be great!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,664 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending Money

If you're all inclusive and planning on eating and drinking in the hotel most of the time you shouldn't need so much money. Which trips are you planning on doing? We only did one trip, the Adventureland Safari which cost 160 Barbados dollars each. If you post which trips you are interested in I'm sure others will give you some idea how much things cost. We spent £600 each in 2 weeks but only went on the one trip and used public transport the rest of the time - the local buses are very cheap. We ate at the cheaper end restaurants and had breakfast in our room as we had a full kitchen.

Hope you have a brilliant time.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending Money

I would say that on average you would spend usd50-70 per person on excurions. You will need some money for drinks/snacks/souveniers etc when you go out side of the hotel. They wont be too expensive, maybe 1usd for a bttle of coke, a few usd for a snack bar. Even though you are staying all in, make sure you get out of the hotel as there is so much to see and do in Barbados.

san francisco
Level Contributor
270 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending Money

Does the hundred dollar a person per day still apply in Barbados? Often is a rule of thumb in many other destinations. I guess like others mention, it depends on how busy you want to be and how much shopping you will be doing . Iknow one thing, always have those credit cards as a back up. Have fun!

Rob

London, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending Money

I spent £700 in 7days. We paid for out food/drinks and tours. As your all inclusive, you should take £500 and just change it at banks, as and when you need it.

5. Re: Spending Money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2009, 05:31