We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning my trip 28th July-5 August any help would be great!

Leics
Level Contributor
92 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Planning my trip 28th July-5 August any help would be great!

Hi all,

I am planning my first trip to crop over and wedding! My other half is half bajan and a lot of his family live rockley and st Lucy. This will be his 9th trip.

So the plan so far is that we are staying in a villa on Maxwell beach (there are 6 of us altogether). We have phoned magistrates and booked date in to get married on Bottom bay. On arrival will need to sort out paperwork. Getting hitched 30th July in a natural no frills way, me, him, parents and family on the island that's it. Family are doing photo's and i don't want music or anything fussy. Then we have the honeymoon suit at bougainvillea for 2 days.

We are then going to have dinner somewhere (any suggestions for mid budget in a wedding dress) I want to go to a little place in rockley which is in the middle of a car park (i know sounds weird but they do the best shellfish and marlin) but my mum is not thrilled about that idea.

Will be going to fish fry and varies crop over events, also planning cat trip and horse riding. Also chattily house deli in Bridgetown - for the best cake.

If there is anything you guys can suggest it would be fab.

Thanks LJ

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,271 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning my trip 28th July-5 August any help would be great!

The restaurant you are referring to sounds like Just Grillin in the Quayside centre. I wouldn't personally choose it for a wedding meal.

If you want somethign really low key why now see if Shakers could accommodate you? They're a very small place in a residential area just up the road from Bubbas sports bar in Rockley. Bajan husband and either US or Canadian wife (sorry I am useless with accents!). Lovely local food - the fish is really good, to-die-for mudslide dessert drinks and cheaper (!) than Just Grillin.

To go upmarket a bit I would suggest Champers.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning my trip 28th July-5 August any help would be great!

I would suggest Champers too if it is not above your budget.

New York
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning my trip 28th July-5 August any help would be great!

Yes Champers if its in your budget,, or at the Crane Hotel it has the lovely view of the ocean so it can have a nice romantic feel with it...i think its 80 bds a person definately cheaper than champers ....

congratulations

Ahiam

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,563 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning my trip 28th July-5 August any help would be great!

I'd like to make a suggestion. The restaurant is called FEEL. It's run by a Korean husband and wife, so they do serve Korean food as well as other types of entrees. The reason for my suggestion, is that it's in a lovely old house, with a large verandah, and huge grounds with numerous big trees that shade the property. There would be more than enough room for your wedding party, either outside on their patio (which has a huge bar as well) or they do have areas inside the house that could accommodate your family. I'm sure if they were told this was a wedding party, they would be more than happy to help with your food plans.

http://feelcorp.nayana.com/koreanmenu.htm.

This restaurants is on the south coast, in the gap that is right opposite where Acqua restaurant used to be.

Leics
Level Contributor
92 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning my trip 28th July-5 August any help would be great!

Had a look at Champers website, think outside my budget..There are 6 of us.

Have you got contact details for Shakers in Rockley, I know where it is as gran lives on the same road. Had a look online and cannot find!

Will look into crane hotel.

Thanks

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,563 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning my trip 28th July-5 August any help would be great!

Here is the contact for Shaker's

.Browne’s Gap, Rockley Christ Church, Barbados .Phone: 228-8855

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning my trip 28th July-5 August any help would be great!

What about Pisces or Harlequin in the Gap.

8. Re: Planning my trip 28th July-5 August any help would be great!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2009, 05:32