We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach View is now #8

Ontario
Level Contributor
715 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Beach View is now #8

...under hotels. Interesting.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,927 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach View is now #8

Very interesting lol

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
375 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach View is now #8

One way for TA to allow honest reviews is to require a confirmation number from your reservation. Then only those individuals who actually have a valid one may post reviews regarding the hotels. I am a little skeptical of that last posting on Beach View. The timing of it in regards to all of the posts about the validity of their reviews seems questionable. In addition, the poster Trubajan, who would select a name like that other than a true bajan living on the island. Just seems fishy to me.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,927 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach View is now #8

If you read his review, you will see that he is a Bajan who lives abroad, but was visiting his home country--------------nothing odd about that!

Ontario
Level Contributor
715 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach View is now #8

I Agree - the last review - even if it is negative, seems fishy/

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
375 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach View is now #8

If he was a previous Barbados resident it sounds like he didn't research the place out at all. The hotel location information doesn't say they are directly on the beach. One of the first things I read about this place was that the beach was across the road. In fact a review dated 3/25/09 indicated that the place was accross the street from the beach. This guy supposedly lived in Barbados and didn't have a relative or someone check the place out before hand? still seems fishy to me. If I lived there and was going back to stay on a new property, the first thing I would do is have someone check the place out for me. Their interactive map clearly shows that Highway 1 divides the Hotel from the beach. The timing of the review is what makes me think it's fake. We only have TA to thank for inaccurate/fake reviews. If they required a reservation/confirmation # in order for a review to be placed on a Hotel/Resort then we would know first hand that they aren't fake.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,927 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach View is now #8

Well, as many Bajans live on busy roads, his family would probably not of thought anything about it. It is only when people live away from home, they change their views of what is acceptable. I find it quite amusing that people are believing the obviously false reviews posted , but the minute there is a derogatory review, which i would have said, summed up the place pretty well, from my knowledge of it, no one wants to believe it !!

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,927 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach View is now #8

Another point that should be made, is that when the reviewer left Barbados, the road may well have been much more quiet. It is only since the advent of all the new building on the West Coast all the way to Speightstown, that the road has become really busy.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
375 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach View is now #8

Well its all a matter of perspective. Everyone has a different perspective on the same things. Take the roads for example, where I live we have about 60 cars that pass a given point on a 3-5 lane road which I consider busy. Barabdos has mostly two lane roads, one direction each and someone calls that busy. The size of the road itself to me wouldn't be classified as busy. It's all a matter of perspective. For the guys trip to be ruined because he had to cross the road is really sad.As well as it's not the hotels fault if there are noisy drivers going by it. Post a review about the hotel itself and the problems you encounter that they CAN resolve. It sounds like he was expecting to be dissapointed and made it come true. People can make the best or the worst of things. It's all a matter of choice and how they decide to act. To me I really don't care how busy that road is. If I cant cross by the Hotel I will find a safe place to cross or take a bus or cab to another beach. We like the unmbrella setups that some beaches have and the one by the resort doesn't have those anyway. It's not going to stop me from going and at least spending a little time there.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
375 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach View is now #8

The plot thickens.....

I contacted Beach View about the bad review and their reply on it was that they have never had any complaints from guests about the road or the noise. They also indicated that they have no record of a guest that stayed there that was from Vancouver....We may have to call in Dick Tracy or Batman to resolve this mystery.....

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach View is now #8

Interesting!!