We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants closed in Sept.

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
104 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants closed in Sept.

I just received and email from Neil at Ragamuffins that they will be closed the month of Sept for vacation. Does anyone know of any other Restaurants that will be closed in Sept?

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,360 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants closed in Sept.

When we were there last Sept/Oct most were open - the only one we wanted to go to which was shut was The Fish Pot, which it seems closes every year at that time. I wonder how the recession will effect that - will more close if it's fairly quiet anyway at that time but more so the way things are at the moment? Or will they stay open in the hope of getting some trade?

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,605 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants closed in Sept.

As I was leaving the Island in the first week of September last year, quite a few of the Restaurants around Holetown were closing for hols, It is always a very quiet month, and traditionally the time for hotel refurbishments.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants closed in Sept.

I noticed that too sadowner. I think it is also the case with some hotels - I know that Escape hotel and Spa will be closed for a refurb later this year.

New York
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants closed in Sept.

Is September a bad time to go? that's when I'm thinking about going.

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
104 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants closed in Sept.

September has been good for us. We were married in Barbados is Sept 2003 and returned in Sept 2004. Both trips the weather was great and everything was open. We are returning this Sept., but being that tourism is down businesses may decide to close for low season.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,360 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants closed in Sept.

As I asid before, there were some places closed for refurb, holidays etc (so we didn't get to the Fish Pot) but loads were open last September so I don't think it's a bad time to go. We ate out every evening and some lunchtimes without any problem.

7. Re: Restaurants closed in Sept.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2009, 06:22