We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is weather bad in Barbados in December?

new jersey
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Is weather bad in Barbados in December?

Hi,

We're planning to go to Barbados at the beginning of December, but after reading some reviews it seems like December is rainy season there?

What is a good month to go from the weather point of view and how bad is it during November-December-January timeframe?

Thanks for your help, your answer will help us a lot in making a decision.

New Jersey traveler

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is weather bad in Barbados in December?

I would expect the weather to be nice in December, the rainy season finishes in November. We had wonderful weather in November last year, hardly any rain. I haven't been in December myself but whenever I have been in January it has been lovely.

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is weather bad in Barbados in December?

Traditionally the hurricane season runs from June to November (although some of these months can be as dry as high season). We are always out there from mid December through to early January and the weather is lovely. I'm not saying you won't see any rain, as showers are a feature with tropical islands. Frankly, any time in Barbados is gorgeous, but December through to June is dry season.

camberley uk
Level Contributor
229 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is weather bad in Barbados in December?

Yep

You will see some rain but it is likely to be short sharp warm showers. Best to get in the sea when it's raining.

new jersey
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is weather bad in Barbados in December?

Thank you all for your quick replies. I am relieved because we really want to go and have been dreaming about it for a long time.

That's why I love this website, so awesome! A must-check before I go anywhere.

Thanks!!

5. Re: Is weather bad in Barbados in December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2009, 06:18