We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Wedding Anniversary Restaurant

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
1st Wedding Anniversary Restaurant

Hello

While we are in Barbados it is our 1st wedding anniversary.

We are staying at Magic Isle on the South Coast and not sure which restaurant to go to.

Champers looks lovely and is very close, but I am tempted by the Cliff as we are not doing presents we could probably splash out.

In your opinion would we be 'missing' something coming to Barbados and not experiencing the Cliff?

How long would it take to get to the Cliff from where we are staying by taxi?

Thanks

Jen

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,359 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary Restaurant

Jen

Champers is good, but the Cliff is really special. We went to both on ourlast trip and the Cliff has the upper hand in all areas, but then you pay a lot more for it.

I usually allow 30 mins for the taxi, but it doesn't take that long, probably more like 15 mins. We got one from Coral Mist (the opposite end of Rockley beach to where you are staying) and it was $60BDS each way

Hope that helps

Nicky

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary Restaurant

Thanks Nicky

You have been really helpful. How much approx for your meal and drinks?

Do you think I will be able to get a table for the 9th July if I book now? Also should I request an outside table?

Thanks!

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,359 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary Restaurant

Hi Jen

Our bill came to just over $700BDS (excl service), that included 3 cocktails (approx $30 each), a bottle of wine ($100 bottle, nothing massively expensive) and 2 courses for both of us. The menu is fixed price for 2 or 3 courses. We didn't make it to dessert this year. We also had a free glass of champers each before dinner because I had booked a sunday night and they had to close that night so moved us to the saturday night.

Email them to ask for a waterside table and see what they come back with, you might be lucky. They weren't that buy when we were there in May. Most tables are outside as due to the downturn in business they aren't using the inside tables so much. They have big sail-type covers that slide out if it should rain.

Nicky

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary Restaurant

If the Cliff is more than you want to pay though I would highly recommend Champers, ask for a railside table there too. We have eaten there for £80 or £100 for 3 courses and a bottle of wine. It all depends on what you choose but we had fantastic steak when it cost £100.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary Restaurant

Thanks for all your help and views. We are going to splash out I think but only if we can get a table outside.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary Restaurant

I have never been to the Cliff, but we got married in Barbados last year and went back for our first wedding Anniversary in April / May this year. My husband booked Champers for us and it was amazing. We were sat outside overlooking the sea and even though we had been before (last year on our last night) it was beautiful and very special for our anniversary. We had three courses each plus drinks and I think we spent around £130 all together including tip. Well worth every penny.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary Restaurant

Hi

We have booked the cliff, got a waterside table. Excited! We will probably try Champers as well one night. Not long to go now! Thanks for all your help.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary Restaurant

Have a wonderful time at the Cliff and tell us all about it when you get back please.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,671 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary Restaurant

If you make it to Champers too, you should mention that it's your 1st anniversary. We dined there when it was my birthday earlier in the year and they made it really special. Ask for a rail side table there too.

Have a wonderful holiday and anniversary.

Jackie

barbados
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary Restaurant

Champers is our favourite restaurant also so we chose that venue to celebrate fourty years of marriage along with relatives who visited Barbados also to celebrate the occasion. The reservation was made some weeks ahead and we advised Champers of the special occassion and requested a rail side table. We were disappointed not to be offered a rail side table even though many were empty when we arrived and remained so for the evening. The restaurant was extremely quiet the whole evening, in fact I have never in the many many times we've eaten there seen it so empty and for the first time it lacked any atmosphere. It goes without saying though that the food was as excellent as always. We have also dined at The Cliff a couple of times but find it pretentious and expensive and feel there are far better options that offer better value and friendlier staff. Just my thoughts. Liz