We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Huntes Gardens

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Huntes Gardens

I wanted to let everyone know about a great place we have visited - Huntes Gardens. For all flower/plant lovers - this place is a must. We entered through the garden center and there was a sign that said "admission $10 - includes a rum punch". So we thought we'd check it out.

Anthony, the quirky owner, greeted us and then we went down into the gardens he created. There was lovely classical music playing throughout the area. And from what was a gully, he transformed it into a garden lovers paradise. With plants and flowers too numerous to mention, we were in heaven. It's amazing how well everything grows in every imaginable spot.

When we climbed back up out of the gully, we went into the garden shed and had one of the best rum punches on the island.

It's a bit tricky to find, but Anthony has signs posted all over the island. It's not far from St. John's Church.

If you visit tell Anthony that Lois says hello.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
534 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Huntes Gardens

I'll second that recommendation. Amazing flowers and plants and it was a nice touch to be brought cold drinks on a tray decorated with hibiscus flowers.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
280 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Huntes Gardens

Yeah, Anthony is kind of interesting. He usally lets us wander all of the plantation and every time we visit we find something new. Sometimes he has the best grapefruit picked from his trees for sale, I have never seen grapefruit so red in color.

3. Re: Huntes Gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2010, 07:25