We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best month for weather ???

dallas, texas
Level Contributor
444 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
best month for weather ???

We are planning a curise to the southern carribbean to stop on Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Thomas, San Juan, Dominica, St. Kitts -- We are looking at EARLY May (like first week in May 2010). Is that a good time to come weather wise -- or would another month be better.

We want to come when the skies are beautiful blue and water nice. We made the mistake of going to San Francisco on a "bad weather" month and it wasn't as nice.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,012 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best month for weather ???

Not a problem in May.

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best month for weather ???

My choice would be December January or February ..but I have also been in April (school holiday - forced) and May .... it was fine

...just increased risk of rain

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,409 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best month for weather ???

I think whenever you go to Barbados you are likely to get at least an odd shower or two but should also get some blue sky and sunshine. We went end of January for 2 weeks and had some rain and some grey skies, especially in the first week though it didn't spoil the holiday and the second week was drier than the first. I expected some rain and took an umbrella so it didn't bother me though I wasn't too keen on the grey sky - reminded me too much of the UK lol.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best month for weather ???

I think on a cruise the first week in May should be perfect. We've been there during that timeframe previously and loved it.

We were there on a cruise in late March and we found the water cooler than we like. Typically we travel anywhere from May through November.

You will find your blue sky and gorgeous water.

Lois

5. Re: best month for weather ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2010, 07:19