We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TV Series

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
194 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
TV Series

I was browsing the ol' television yesterday and came across an interesting promo.

The National Geographic channel has a series called "Locked Up Abroad". Essentially, it follows the stories of people who are imprisoned or captured for some reason in a country other than their homeland.

Sometimes these are fairly hard criminals caught perpetrating a crime they've committed many times, sometimes average tourists kidnapped, and sometimes average folks who make a very dumb decision and decide to do something illegal in another country only to be caught.

Anyway, this week's episode will be surrounding a woman caught in Barbados attempting to smuggle out drugs. It looks, from the brief preview, that it'll be a case of a normal person desperate for money doing something very foolish.

I just found it interesting that it'll be Barbados. Most episodes of this show I've seen involved either a hostage in Iraq, drug smugglers in Columbia, etc.

It'll be on at 10 ET on National Geographic Channel here in the US if anyone else is curious.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,042 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TV Series

I've known about the series but only found out about this episode yesterday. Was chatting with a friend this evening and found out that a couple of people I know are actually in this episode (playing the roles of what happened of course).

Should be interesting. I've watched both trailers and I can't wait to see the full show. This may make us (meaning Barbados) look like a bunch of backwater hicks.. but we shall see..

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TV Series

Would love to watch it! Shame I don't get that channel :O(

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TV Series

For those in the UK, there is a little taster on the website:

…nationalgeographic.com/series/…06910_00

it looks like once the series is over you can watch the episodes online, so will have to remember that!

Silly silly girl is all I can say...

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,105 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TV Series

Looks interesting, thanks for that Matt and for the link LMR. Looks like Mango Bay is the hotel they are in there.

Mentioned in this post
Mango Bay All Inclusive
Mango Bay All Inclusive
1,706 Reviews
Barbados
south east
Level Contributor
960 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TV Series

Sunnie - do you know when it is on here in Barbados, and what channel?

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,846 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TV Series

It's on National Geographic on Weds next at 10pm apparently...in Barbados ...not sure about anywhere else...I know most of it was shot in the Dover area and some at the Barbados Beach Club...

The show was made in conjunction with a locallly owned company called Crucial Productions - the owner also appears in the program briefly as does his rather nice red mercedes.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Barbados Beach Club
Barbados Beach Club
984 Reviews
Barbados
manchester england
Level Contributor
361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TV Series

it is on at 10pm wed 22/7 sky channel 526 for all those sky subscribers. not sure of the other channels

banged up abroad.

will watch out of curiousty probably same old story never think they will be caught and the real people behind get away yep silly girl

jac

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TV Series

That looks really interesting, thanks for the link LMR and the information Matt. I wish I could see it all but don't have Sky.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
13,555 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TV Series

I shall look foward to that, thanks.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TV Series

Well, I finally found someone who was going to record it for me, but apparently the episode shown tonight in the UK is in Brazil... Will keep an eye out to see if it pops up again!