We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtle Beach All-Inclusive

West Chester...
Level Contributor
129 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Turtle Beach All-Inclusive

most forum posts on this resort are old and not specific. has anyone been there recently? being a mid-priced resort a.i. , are the food and drinks as good as i've heard? is it better to rent a car in u.s.a. or wait until i get to hotel to do that for a day to drive around? i heard this resort was recently renovated. true? thank you....dauna from philadelphia.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,208 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turtle Beach All-Inclusive

FYI there are no major US car companies in Barbados. You have to deal with a local firm. Suggest you put "car rentals" in the search box and you will get many pages of comments, recent ones and older. All car companies deliver and pick up the car or you can drop it off at the airport. You'll also be rquired to get a "Visitors Permit" to drive, they'rte supplied by the car rental company $20.00 Bds.

connecticut
Level Contributor
606 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Turtle Beach All-Inclusive

We just returned from Turtle Beach and had a great time. The food can get a bit repetious but overall pretty good. The resorts rooms have not been renovated but are very clean and not bad at all... ac works wonderfully,, matter of fact most nights we had to shut it off because it got too cold and only left the ceiling fan running.. service is excellent and drinks are very good. Try the BBC and the rum punch very good.. Everyone at the resort was very helpful and very friendly.. the only complaint I would have is that there isnt much to do at the resort at night ... pretty much you have to find your own entertainment....there are no shows at night and not much to do except hang around in the lounge, drink and socialize.. they do have one show.. but Im not sure what night it is .. Thursday??? We didnt go to it so I cant comment to much on it... they do have a cocktail party that guests formally get invited to (invitation and all) to meet other guests .....which was very nice.... along with vendors from the area selling their wares..FYI... there are no pool tables, game rooms, shows or games,, but they do have pool arobics, a band that plays during dinner times, high noon tea, karaoke during the day.. (which the kids pretty much take over) watersports (which was good), internet cafe.. and room service ( which was good not extravagant,, club sandwiches, fries, pizza,, things along those lines) but remember there is a $15 room service charge (thats in Barbado dollars) they do charge you every time you order..oh I do need to mention one game some guests do play..which I found funny,, the old beach towel wars.... if you want a lounge chair on the ocean or at the pool be ready to get up super early and reserve your chairs with books, towels or other personal belongings.... I guess since there isnt much nightlife people can get up pretty early and play this favorite game... I just thought I'de mention this because I've heard about this before but never really experienced it.. anyway, if you dont mind relaxing at night and not looking for any type of nightlife... you'll be ok,, otherwise you might get a bit bored. We enjoyed our stay here even though some nights we retired a bit earlier than we had hoped to... and will return to the resort but our itinerary will definetly include some activities outside the resort at night...

Kathi

York,England
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turtle Beach All-Inclusive

We went to the Turtle Beach 2 years runing then last year we swopped and went to the Casaurina this year we are going back to the Turtle Beach so that must say something.I dont understand some of the complaints if you want to find something wrong anywhere i am sure you will and some people do thrive on these incidents.I do wish though that all the hotels would do somthing about those who are up at the crack of dawn to put a towel on a sun bed by the pool or the sea sometimes we have seem that these beds are empty until after lunch.I am sure if the hotel staff made it clear this was not acceptable (by removing the towels )then this would stop.Have a great holiday

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
375 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turtle Beach All-Inclusive

You could also check out Cyrstal Cove. They are an all inclusive resort also. I have never stayed there but the place looks really nice. Plus they have a lot of activities.

http://www.crystalcovehotelbarbados.com/

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turtle Beach All-Inclusive

Although there isn't a lot of entertainment of an evening (as noted by a previous poster), if you want something to do there are plenty of bars/restaurants etc in St Lawrence Gap which is just a short taxi ride away. On the whole, Barbados doesn't have the types of mega-resorts with full on entertainment etc in the same way as somewhere like Cancun - probably because there is so much to do out and about on the island. If you are into big shows etc, perhaps try the Roots and Rhythms show which isn't far from the hotel.

6. Re: Turtle Beach All-Inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2010, 05:18