We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dress code and non-smoking

Saint Hyacinthe...
Level Contributor
308 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
dress code and non-smoking

Hi,

Is there a dress code at the 2 restaurants of Bougainvillea Beach Resort for dinner?

I hope not, because I like to wear capri.

And at other restaurants nearby, I hope there is no dress code. Can you give some restaurants that don't need dress code?

On the web, it's mentionned that the Bougainvillea Beach Resort is a non-smoking place, I hope we can smoke outside and on the balcony of our room.

Thank you.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dress code and non-smoking

I can't answer re your hotel I'm afraid...

But there are restaurants in the Gap - eg St Lawrence Steakhouse, McBrides, Ship Inn etc that most definitely do allow smoking! I would guess that the others do have smoking areas. On the whole, it's ok thankfully, not like in the UK!

I can't imagine that anywhere would ban smoking on the balcony as it's outside! A lot of accommodations in Barbaodos are adopting the "no smoking" rule inside, but on balconies etc it's fine.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,910 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dress code and non-smoking

Capris and a nice blouse would be fine. for the nicer, more upscale restaurants, typical style is elegantly casual, or casually elegant.. resort casual is also a good thing to follow..

Saint Hyacinthe...
Level Contributor
308 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dress code and non-smoking

Thank you LittleMissRed,

For the non-smoking in restaurants, I can understand that, in Quebec we are not allowed to smoke in all public places, restaurants, bars, etc...

It's just for the hotel, I hope my husband will be allowed to smoke on the balcony, because I think he will not want to go at this place.

It's the dress code that upset me more. We don't like to be too stilted (I hope I have the good word),

we like jeans, t-shirt, polo, capri, etc...

Thank you Sunniebgi, you reassure me.

4. Re: dress code and non-smoking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2010, 06:24