We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados is still great - trip report 28th July- 5 Aug

Leics
Level Contributor
92 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Barbados is still great - trip report 28th July- 5 Aug

Just got back from Barbados and we had an amazing time.

We ate local 90% of the time, shakers, perfect pizza on coast road, rum shop up near spring gardens and a few other small places.

Only ate out (posh) twice once in the honeymoon suite at the Bougainvillea and then in there restaurant by the water.

People were just as friendly as usual, food is more expensive as in every other country. We travelled around by bus and ZR as usual safe and easy.

Visited family and friends had a fabulous time and when we got married on Bottom Bay their presence made it extra special.

Did 2 days at the Bougainvillea honeymoon suite it was beautiful and we relaxed. However their entertainment on Saturday was more like Karaoke (funny for 1/2 hour then irritating after 3 hours). I complained and got a free meal in the restaurant by the water.

We did a cat cruise 5 hours with El tigre which was fabulous, slightly more people that we're used to (normally go small cats 12, this was 35) but still a great day.

"jump up" was a new experience for me and it was fabulous, we arrived at the stadium for 9.30am and stay there until 12, in the heat we moved down to the half way point and sat on a balcony people watching until 5pm. I loved the crop over spirit across the island.

The beaches are still amazing and the place is like a second home, welcoming and warm. We'll be back probably next year.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,362 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados is still great - trip report 28th July- 5 Aug

Glad to hear all went smoothly with the wedding and that you had a great time.

Don't advertise Shakers too much though, I want to be able to go there on my next trip, it was rather busy when we went there this year in May!!!

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados is still great - trip report 28th July- 5 Aug

Glad you had a good tie and enjoyed carnival.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados is still great - trip report 28th July- 5 Aug

Glad you had a great time again and that you had a wonderful wedding day.

4. Re: Barbados is still great - trip report 28th July- 5 Aug

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2010, 06:18