We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your Top 10 Favorite Restaurants To Eat At?

London, Ontario...
8 posts
Save Topic
Your Top 10 Favorite Restaurants To Eat At?

This will be our first time in Barbados staying at the Accra Beach -please list any of your favorite restuarants we are open to any cuisine.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Your Top 10 Favorite Restaurants To Eat At?

My favourites are as follows:

Champers (right next door to Accra Beach), although not cheap, the food, setting and service are brilliant.

Shakers (hidden little known family run restaurant from a converted house).

Just Grillin, cheap good food, fish platters are good value, always our first choice when we arrive there after the flight.

Harlequins (in the Gap), great food and service.

The Flying Fish (in the Gap), great food and service.

Bubbas (American Diner), great food, huge portions and great value.

Mojos, good pub food, cheap and good music.

Wispers on the Bay, gorgeous setting, not cheap but an amazing experience, highly recommended for a special occasion (we had our wedding evening meal there).

Our sea view balcony of the hotel, recommend shrimps from Big Bs supermarket, crusty bread and flying fish pate, eaten on the balcony watching the sun set.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,497 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your Top 10 Favorite Restaurants To Eat At?

Actually you can just put your question in the search box and you will find pages of comments and recommendations. You can also take a look at restaurants down the left side of the page and see what you find interesting.

What has already been recommended is a start but there are many great places running from inexpensive to very expensive. All depends on your taste.

Fishpot

Champers

Josephs

Pisces

Feel (Korean)

39 Steps

Tides

Cliff

Wispers

Roundhouse

Brown Sugar

Zaccios

Cafe Luna

Cove

and many others.

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,031 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your Top 10 Favorite Restaurants To Eat At?

You will end up with a top 100 !!!! .... canby is correct - the serach box may be a better of geeting more fuller opinions

Mine would be

1) The Tides

2) The Cove

and then in no particular order

Fish Pot - especially for lunch

Fisherman's Pub - try a Wednesday evening

Zaccios

Groots

Ragamuffins -esp on a Sunday night

Surfside - for snack meals and Sport on TV

Waterfront Cafe

Connies Barbeque .....outside the Pentecostal Church Paynes Bay - best street food only Friday ,Saturday & Sunday

During our next visit we intend to try the Cariba and The Lone Star

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,271 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your Top 10 Favorite Restaurants To Eat At?

Mine would be:

1) The Cliff

2) Shakers

3) Flying Fish

4) Just Grillin

5) Cafe Sol

6) Oistins on a friday - George's Fish Net

7) Harlequins

8) Brown Sugar

9) Cafe Luna

10) The Roundhouse

Other places I like to eat are: Mr Delicious van at Miami beach (chicken roti and rum punch), BBQ Barn salad bar (plus chikcen with their BBQ sauce), Frankies (outside the airport for a last Banks and a nibble before going home), the Indian Grill (for fab roti).

Wiltshire
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Your Top 10 Favorite Restaurants To Eat At?

We went to Daphnes last week after hearing from expats about how it had changed. Can confirm that we had a fantastic meal in a stunning location. Would definitely put on my top ten list now

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your Top 10 Favorite Restaurants To Eat At?

Mixture of styles not necessarily in this order.

Tides

Zen

Oistens (Margarets)

A cutter (in or out) from Cutters

Scarlets

Ham sandwich and a bottle of Banks on my balcony at The Crane (or indeed anything on my balcony with wine, rum punch,etc)

ske
SUSSEX
Level Contributor
992 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Your Top 10 Favorite Restaurants To Eat At?

Walkable from Accra -

Champers

Shakers

Ackee Tree

Mojos

Berts

Just Grillin

Jerk chicken place (can't remember name!) Turn left, on left hand side of road in shopping area, upstairs!)

Best dinner - Champers

Best lunch - Roti from Ackee tree on patio with champagne!

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your Top 10 Favorite Restaurants To Eat At?

Our favorite restaurants:

The Tides

Champers (walkable from Accra) -- ate there 3 times this trip.

Mullin's- on Mullins Beach (at night they transform the beach bar/restaurant into a gorgeous evening type restaurant - we loved it.

The Cliff - most expensive, fabulous setting, good food, service sometimes spotty.

Tapas -- walkable from Champers. Good mainly for tapas (small plates) and drinks

L'Azure at The Crane for lunch -- fabulous setting, excellent food.

The Round House -- great stop for lunch when you are exploring the east coast - in Bathsheba. On Sun. afternoons there is entertainment also with Aubrey Cummings on guitar.

I'll add more shortly as I remember them.

Lois

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your Top 10 Favorite Restaurants To Eat At?

Thought of a few additional restaurants:

The Beach House - seaside setting on West Coast. Fantastic food, reasonably priced. Great place to watch the sunset if you get there early for a drink before dinner.

Wispers on the Bay - South Coast - gorgeous setting, excellent food from a fixed-price menu. The night we were there, unfortunately, there were some bad odors from the sea, which made it not quite as nice. But they do have a gorgeous indoor, a/c room you can also eat in.

Fisherpond Great House -- great for Sunday brunch. You need to call in advance to book this. Beautiful table settings, flowers everywhere, typical Bajan Sunday lunch with lovely piano music.

If you need help locating any of these check out my site at: www.barbadostips.com

Lois

London, United...
Level Contributor
733 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Your Top 10 Favorite Restaurants To Eat At?

Pieces and Brown Sugar are 2 of my favourite resturants and both within easy reach of where you are staying. Must try the cocktails at Pieces and the bread and butter pudding in rum / brandy sauce if they still have it at Brown sugar. The fruit punch at Brown Sugar is some of the best I've tasted on the island.