We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strange question

Bonnyville, Canada
Level Contributor
644 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Strange question

Just another first timer question, do we flush toilet paper or like in Mexico and DR put it in the waste basket?

I am so happy to learn the water is potable, but could not find an answer to the life long question.... to flush or not to flush!!

31 days and counting!!

Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,802 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strange question

You can flush the toilet paper in Barbados - well you certainly could at the Divi where we stayed and I never saw any signs anywhere that we went and I used a lot of public loos lol.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strange question

flush - certainly in hotels, not sure about villas

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Strange question

It's not a strange question at all, at least you've made the effort to find out!!!

I've never seen anything anywhere in Barbados about putting it in a basket, so flush away!!

In my experience, if you can't flush, there are signs absolutely everywhere to remind you...

And yes, the water is some of the best water you'll taste anywhere in the world, in contrast, I find the bottled water there revolting!!

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Christ Church...
Level Contributor
92 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Strange question

no it is not strange. It was strange to me when I went to Saba and I had to put the toilet paper in the waste paper basket. In Barbados you can always flush.I am Barbadian and I have been flushing since I was a baby.

5. Re: Strange question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2010, 06:21