We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lois back with more tips

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Lois back with more tips

Hi everyone,

My husband and I just returned from 2 glorious weeks in Barbados. We stayed at a villa and luxury hotels. We tried out some fantastic restaurants and have lots of new information.

If you want to check out more details look at my tips at:

www.barbadostips.com

Lois

SC
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lois back with more tips

Thank you, Lois, for providing me the opportunity for a mental re-visit of beautiful Barbabos this cold blustery morning in SC. Liz

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lois back with more tips

Glad you enjoyed it. We had 72 degree weather in Fairfax, VA on the 15th - wish it would last all winter.

Doing all of my updating makes me eager to get back for our next trip sometime in 2010.

Lois

Mentioned in this post
Fairfax
Fairfax
Virginia
Berkshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lois back with more tips

HI there, how fantastic your website has been - we are heading back to barbados on 8th dec for 22 days - our 5th visit in the last 12 months and 8th visit in lkast two years. I have fallen in love with the island completely!

Do you have any suggestions for a christmas celebration lunch or dinner? Being scottish, this is my first xmas ever away from home and am very excited....

Look forward to hearing from you

Gail

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lois back with more tips

Hi Gail,

Places are opened on the 24th closed for the 25th and most attractions reopen on the 26th.

The grocery stores are chaotic on the 24th but open however close early on the 24th as do most things I cant remember how early though probably around 4pm or so.

I'm told many restaurants are closed as well. If I find out which ones might be opened I will write you back. People tell me your best bet would be if your hotel has a restaurant to eat there.

Lois

Baton Rouge, La.
Level Contributor
150 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lois back with more tips

Is there any way you can make the "new stuff" titles on the first page link to the actual info so we can find it? I've already read your whole site from front to back and I really don't want to read it all again just to find the new content.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lois back with more tips

I will have to format the page differently and it will take a bit of doing. Possibly on Thursday, I can work on it. In the meantime, go to the FEATURED BUSINESS section & the review for it; Go to the TOP RESTAURANTS - new one listed and also Champers has new info; Go to the TOP HOTELS - new one listed is Cobblers Cove. Hopefully I can get a link working soon.

Lois

Baton Rouge, La.
Level Contributor
150 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lois back with more tips

OK, that helps, thanks.

8. Re: Lois back with more tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2010, 05:19