We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Crest

Level Contributor
162 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset Crest

What is the skinny on this area.

Rentals seem to be less expensive

Is it not so nice?

How is St James Beach?

Is the Mullins or Gibbs area much better

Boston
Level Contributor
253 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Crest

I stay here a lot and the rentals are basic but work for me. There are many to choose from such as Europa or Goldenview or a house. You are not on the beach but across the street from it, and close to all the dining and shopping in Holetown. I tend to get on the beach and walk down towards Sandy Lane and Paynes bay and bus it home after a day on the beach. I'm looking forward to seeing the new westcoast boardwalk when I head down in December.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Crest

Sunset Crest has a mixture of rentals and residential homes.

You would be about 10minutes walk from a nice selection of restaurants, a few bars, lovely chattel shops and banks.

St.James Beach is fine but on the whole I would say that Mullins and certainly Gibbs are quieter and prettier. Depends if you want a quieter beach or a busier beach really. I have stayed at Mullins and Holetown (although not actually in Sunset Crest) and have enjoyed both.

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Crest

Given the requirements you have posted in another topic ...Sunset Crest is NOT for you ...close to Holetown ..mainly apartmnets or condos

Is the Mullins or Gibbs area much better ...depends on your meaning of 'better'

... I think so as we usually stay there !!!!

Level Contributor
162 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Crest

Thanks!

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset Crest

Also you should know that this area floods everytime there are heavy rains. Plus it's a residential area with lots of other homes closeby. I don't think this would be right for you.

Lois

6. Re: Sunset Crest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2010, 05:22