We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive or not?

Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
All Inclusive or not?

I am finding it difficult to find an All Inlcusive in Barbados that recieves postive reviews for both beach and food. They seem to not be comparable with other Caribbean destinations. Can anyone suggest one that offers both lovely rooms and splendid beach? If not, then can anyone advise how expensive it would be there to do just resort and buying meals/drinks separatly?

Love the island but want to find equally satisfying accomodations.

Balsam Lake
Level Contributor
90 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusive or not?

Hi tanfan,

My suggestion is to just book a resort or hotel. Barbados is an island that you get excellent food for a wide range of prices and you will miss out on the venture of different restaurants with an all inclusive. You can eat very reasonably or very expensive, but all offer very good food. Ditto with bars, you can travel around the various night spots without feeling compelled to stay in an inclusive property. Barbados is a very special island in this regard. There are many top notch resorts/hotels on the west and south coasts with lovely beaches. Check the hotel reviews. Enjoy our trip.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,007 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusive or not?

First take a look if you have not already done so at the hotels down the left side of the page.

Reviews are relative to expectations so they should be taken in context. Not everything great or not so great is written by every visitor.

Third if you put your question in the search box you will find many answers to the age old question of all inclusive vs. self catering.

London, United...
Level Contributor
705 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusive or not?

I agree with Kawar. Bajan's are excellent cooks and you can get some really good food at really reasonable prices. wether it be something simple like a roti or fish cakes for lunch or a full on bajan meal for dinner you'll never be short of somehwhere to eat so no need to limit yourself to food prepared by the resort :)

I've had lunch there from around $10 BDS and dinner as cheap as $20 (excluding alcoholic beverages)

maybe once you've decided on where to stay you can ask for suggestions on nearby eateries.

Edited: 25 November 2009, 17:35
Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
375 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All Inclusive or not?

If you don't go AI, why not rent a Villa instead of staying at a hotel or resort? There are a lot of very nice Villa's you can rent for cheaper than a resort. sure you wont be right on the beach in some but you will have a much quieter vacation. If you decide to look into some Villa's drop me a message and I can give you some search links where you can find some really nice ones. Barbados has such exquisite food that I never go AI there. Too many excellent places to try out.

Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All Inclusive or not?

For non - AI resort, I was looking at the Bogainvilla Resort. It sounds like there are lots of eating spots nearby. I believe it provides a breakfast so only a lunch and dinner would be needed.

west virginia
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: All Inclusive or not?

Hello, I am thinking about visiting Barbados for the first time this winter. Either Jan. or Feb. not sure yet trying to get the best deal. I would app. any kind of info you would send my way. I am looking to go very reasonable. Does not matter if we stay at hotel or villa, which ever is cheaper. And also how reasonable is eating there. We are not picky people at all just like it clean. PLEASE HELP Thank you kathleen

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,007 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All Inclusive or not?

dougsfishhead,

go to the left side of this page and go through the "hotels" and see what you like.

In terms of deals, based on your budget you should frequently go to various travel websites, airlines and Google to find deals. Things change quickly and you can sometimes get a good last minute deal.

For a Villa go to www.barbados.org or www.totallybarbados.com or www.barbadosrockleyvacations.com their maps and info page where there are links to various places.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All Inclusive or not?

Your best bet for a value vacation would be an all inclusive. Take a look at travel brochures that have air fare, hotel and meals included. Altman Rentals and Bajan services also have many villas for rent from expensive to reasonable. Take a look at their websites to get an idea of prices.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All Inclusive or not?

Tanfan - The Bougainvillea is great hotel, but there are not loads of restaurants nearby that are within walking distance at night. At night we took a cab or drove. You can walk to the Gap via the beach during the day at night it probably doubles the distance to walk via the road.

You will have a kitchen so you can do your own breakfasts I cant eat all that buffet breakfast everyday.

Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All Inclusive or not?

Thanks for the tip footychick....I wasn't aware that there were few eating establishments near the Bougainvillea. Any suggestions for other resorts?

In pricing, I have figured that perhaps an All Inclusive is cheaper for us but can't seem to find one that has good beach as well as accomodations.

Are there any resorts that offer partial all inclusive?