We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeep tours

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Jeep tours

Would you recommend taking a Jeep tour while in Barbados? What company? Thanks!

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeep tours

We did the jeep tour in 09.

Very interesting and enjoyable.

I do not remember the name.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,598 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeep tours

These are good.

http://www.outback4x4tours.com/

http://adventurelandbarbados.com/

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,789 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeep tours

That's interesting.. I live here and have only ever heard of Adventureland and Island Safari, which now owns Adventureland, (meaning I've never heard of OutBack.. and pretty sure I've never seen either of their 2 jeeps on the roads.. doesn't mean they don't exist, but I've been connected to tourism here for close to 17 years.. sooo..

I think the jeep tours are a great way to see alot of the island many people don't get a chance to see. .. So I would recommend taking one.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,640 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jeep tours

I'd definitely recommend it - it was a brilliant day out and we saw quite a lot of the island. We went with Adventureland.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jeep tours

I'd definitely recommend doing the tour, it's a great way to see the island - I always think it's a good idea to do it at the beginning of your trip so that you get a good overview and maybe some ideas of places you'd like to revisit and spend a day.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jeep tours

It woulkd seem that Outback are affiliated to Almond - probably why we've not really heard or seen them Sunnie - plus it looks like there are just the 2 Jeeps from the website - here's what it says:-

"We have been affiliated with the popular Almond Resorts of Barbados for the past three and a half years, and do four tours a week out of Almond. There are numerous stories told by Almond guests, of the fantastic times they have experienced while on the Out Back 4X4 Tour."

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,316 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jeep tours

I've done Island Safari's tour twice now and would still go back again. The guides are so entertaining. It is a great day out. The second time I went it rained that day and it was still good fun.

London, United...
Level Contributor
737 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jeep tours

Would agree with all the other posters - it's a great way to see island. I did 1 in Jul this year with some friends and am going back in March next year God willing with some other friends and will be doing it again!

The company we went with was Island safaris. I can't remember the name of our driver which is a real shame because he was brilliant!

Barbados
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Jeep tours

I live in Barbados, It is true Out Back only have 2 jeeps that's because they want to maintain the personialized tour which they give, I see the jeeps on the road every day, I have been on tour with all three companies and Out Back is the best by far.

united kingdom
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Jeep tours

Hi, I will be arriving in Barbados on Monday and have tried to contact Outback 4x4 tours to charter a jeep but they have not responded. Does anyone have an email address different to this one?: outback4x4tours@hotmail.com.

Thanks for your help