We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nighlife in the Gap

london
3 posts
Save Topic
Nighlife in the Gap

Hello everyone, I was just wondering what the nightlife is like in the Gap. I read somewhere that there was only about 4 bars and 12 restaurants in the area. Can anyone advise me please

And is there any nightclubs??

Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nighlife in the Gap

The Gap is the place to be for nightlife in Barbados, but it's not like other places where there are hundreds of bars etc.

Most of the bars are open quite late and are bar/club type places.

The most popular are:

The Reggae Lounge

Monday nights, BD$30 entry, drinks free

The Ship Inn

Tuesday nights - Models and Bottles, drinks offers

Thursday nights - BD$20 entry, Strategy the Band (brilliant!)

McBrides

Wednesday nights - varying entry, live music, happy hour 2 for 1 11-1

Friday nights - as above

After Dark - always free entry, good place to chill

Cafe Sol - Mexican restaurant/cocktail bar, closes early ish

Red Rooster - various promotions on different nights

Aussie's Beach House - various promotions on different nights.

These all tend to close around 3am due to noise regulations that have been brought in over the last couple of years.

The Lighthouse Bar tends to be open much later - we've seen the sunrise from there a few times!!

If you have any more questions, just ask!

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nighlife in the Gap

The Lighthouse is also right opposite Southern Palms. The vibe in the Gap is very relaxed and tends to start late. the early part of the evening is mainly diners and then the party part of the evening starts around 11pm.

There are some other places that are out of the Gap but not too far that you might enjoy:- Mojo's, Pablo Donte's, & Charlie's Bar. Don't worry you'll see there are plenty of liming spots!

Sarah

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nighlife in the Gap

It's hard to add to the excellent replies here as they are, in my view, comprehensive and accurate. All I'd say in addition is that if you go to Barbados expecting Cancun, Ibiza etc nightlife then you will not get that. Barbados has a totally different vibe but for me that's part of its charm and I wouldn't want it any other way.

4. Re: Nighlife in the Gap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2010, 05:20