We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel between jamaica and barbados

chicago
2 posts
Save Topic
travel between jamaica and barbados

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon and are looking at splitting our time between the islands. Any suggestions on travel between Jamaica and Barbados? By air? By ferry? Thanks!

Altoona...
Level Contributor
254 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel between jamaica and barbados

My math isn't the best but I think it's over 1200 miles between the two islands. I think your only choice would be to fly. I've been to Jamaica 3 times and am heading to Barbados mid-Feb. for 17 days. I've done so much research I feel like I've already been there. If I can help you on either island, pm me. When are you getting married? Are you doing so on one of the islands?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel between jamaica and barbados

There are definitely no ferries between the islands - and anyway, as petnanny said, it's a very long way, so would take a long time!

Take a look at www.liat.com, not sure if they do that route though.

Was there any reason you particluarly wanted to do those two islands? There are better combinations of islands that are closer together if you want to do a two centre holiday. I'm no expert re Jamaica, but good combinations to go with Barbados, would be St Vincent & The Grenadines, Grenada, St Lucia,Tobago.

Barbados
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: travel between jamaica and barbados

Hi

You may want to check out Caribbean Airlines as they are the only ones who flight between Jamaica & Barbados..also it's via Antigua.

http://caribbean-airlines.com/index.html

a2zbarbados

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,823 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel between jamaica and barbados

Yes apart from the above you would have to fly with American via either San Juan or Miami, or LIAT to Grenada and then Air Jamaica to Montego Bay...I was actaully looking into the route for some friends about a week ago and this was the best I could find other than Caribbean Airlines. The islands are a long way apart (I know they look close on a map) and it's quite a long trip.

5. Re: travel between jamaica and barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2010, 05:18