We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

At the Hilton Barbados now if you have any questions...

Belmont, CA
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
At the Hilton Barbados now if you have any questions...

We are at the HIlton now through the 1st. if anyone has any questions or needs to know anything about the hotel, I'll try to answer. We haven't had a chance to do much exploring yet but hope to start that portion of the trip tomorrow.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: At the Hilton Barbados now if you have any questions...

That is a fantastic property. I stayed there for a week in October, even though I live here in Barbados and I absolutely loved it! I was in the Island Tower, on the 2nd floor.

boston
Level Contributor
605 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: At the Hilton Barbados now if you have any questions...

Hope you are enjoying yourself- we were there a couple of weeks ago- the waves were huge!!!! Your kids must be having a ball! Honestly, it was hard to body surf, most swimmers were using boogie boards, and one late afternoon, it was almost all surfers. The beaches at the Hilton are fantastic!

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: At the Hilton Barbados now if you have any questions...

The swell (big waves) affecting the Hilton is also affecting the west coast at the moment with quite a bit of beach erosion going on - the south as usual is not suffering - this is something that happens pretty much every year between December - March.

Belmont, CA
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: At the Hilton Barbados now if you have any questions...

The waves at the Hilton beach have been fun for the kids and for us adults. The beaches and pool are probably the best thing about this hotel. It hasn't been too bad.... we are used to enormous waves at Southern California. While these waves may be big for Barbardos, they don't yet compare to waves at Hermosa Beach or Huntington Beach.... so the boys are handling them well.

we did go over to the Boatyard today... did not enjoy that at all. I think while around here, we will stick to this side of the bay.

boston
Level Contributor
605 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: At the Hilton Barbados now if you have any questions...

I bet the water is MUCH warmer there in Barbdos than in Huntington Beach!

Belmont, CA
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: At the Hilton Barbados now if you have any questions...

No doubt about that! ha ha ha I don't go in the water in Huntington...too cold for me :-)

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,212 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: At the Hilton Barbados now if you have any questions...

Is the food as bad as some others have said??

Smithers, Canada
Level Contributor
209 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: At the Hilton Barbados now if you have any questions...

Hi we are staying at the Aquatious Beach Apts just down the beach from you . How does it look and how about the beach. Why did you not like the Boatyard??

Belmont, CA
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: At the Hilton Barbados now if you have any questions...

yes - the food is terrible! terrible! terrible! The breakfast buffet is awful, the dinner restaurants are awful. The only decent food is lunch by the pool/beach... they actually have it all together.. they have a varied menu and good service.

to give you a good idea: we went to the Lighthouse Terrace Restaurant for dinner. We were the only ones in the restaurant. It took over an hour for our food to come. Everytime I asked a waitress will our food be here soon, they seemed annoyed that I was asking such a question. When the food finally came it was mediocre at best and wildly expensive for what it was.

We had no choice but to have Christmas dinner here as all outside restaurants were closed. Their holiday buffet was horrible. Very few choices considering they were charging over $100 per person. My 12 year old is a very picky eater so there was nothing there for him.. not even a pasta or chicken nugget so I had to order off the a-la-carte menu. I had to ask 4 waiters over a 20 minute period just to get the menu. Their service was terrible and again what food was offered was just mediocre.

Avoid the breakfast and dinner here at all costs.

We have a suite and have access to the executive lounge. I'd say that isn't worth it either. They do have a few cereals and pastries but my husband said it wasn't that good. To get coffee you get it out of one of those machines where you press a button.. they don't even have a real coffee pot, Instead we went to the grocery store, picked up some rice krispies, milk and plastic bowls so kids can eat breakfast in the room.

Lunch is good at the restaurant by the pool so we eat there and then leave the resort for dinner. There are lots of good restaurants nearby.

Belmont, CA
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: At the Hilton Barbados now if you have any questions...

The beach at the Hilton is nice. I was a bit concerned about it after reading some reviews but it's actually very nice. The sand is as soft as flour. The waves are fun and the bar service is close by and attentive.

You can go across the parking lot to the calm bay where there are water sports (supposedly)... I'm not sure about that though. We went there on our 2nd day to get some boogie boards and they were all out. The sport shack was small. It looked like they had some chairs but not sure how much that would cost. I was hoping to rent a few kayaks for the kids but they don't seem to have that either. Hilton guests can get snorkeling equipment for free there but we haven't tried that yet.

All in all I think the Hilton beach and pools are great. It's the best part of the hotel. Our room is very large and very clean too. The cleaning staff is very friendly. In my experience, the only negative thing about the Hilton is the food. Have I said it too many times? it's really bad.

I hope this helps... let me know if you need any more details.