We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Info/Recommendations on Barbados Resorts, etc....

Fontana, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
228 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Need Info/Recommendations on Barbados Resorts, etc....

My husband and I are planning our first trip to Barbados in early April. We have been to most islands in the Caribbean and typically stay at all inclusives. We prefer smaller hotels and at least 4 star.

We would consider a non all inclusive and would like to be near shopping, restaurants and some nightlife. We like nice long beaches for walking and swimming/snorkeling.

Which are would be best? And, which hotels are recommended?

Thank you!

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Info/Recommendations on Barbados Resorts, etc....

All Inclusives are not big on Barbados.There are 6 that I know of.

The Almond resorts on the west coast

Crystal Cove and Mango Bay on the west and Turtle Beach and Almond Casaurina on the south coast. I would say have a look at them and then come back and ask more direct questions. There are quite extensive reviews on all of them under Hotel reviews.Hope you can find something as Barbados is such a beautiful Island.

Fontana, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
228 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Info/Recommendations on Barbados Resorts, etc....

I did look into the all inclusives..not sure if this is what we should do as I hear the restaurants are fairly good on the island. The Mango and Crystal Cove do like nice and the right size though. Do you have any other resort recommendations or general area? Is the West Coast the best area? Thanks for the feedback.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Info/Recommendations on Barbados Resorts, etc....

Not to be rude, but if you type in south vs west in the search box, there are lots of answers to that question :>)

It gets to be quite the debate at times. lol

NJ
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Info/Recommendations on Barbados Resorts, etc....

My husband and I were in Barbados for our honymoon in May 10 2009. We loved it and were there for 2 weeks. We stayed at the Almond Beach Club and Spa- smaller and amazing. It is right next to Sandy Lane which is the resort were all the stars stay. It is in St. James Parish. The nice thing about it is adults only - however they do have 2 other sister hotels which you can book for dinner if you wish. Again all inclusive and amazing! There is alot to do if you wish to do it! Also it has a very low crime rate...it is very easy to mix with the locals and do fun stuff in Brigetown if you want a night on the town. I can send more info as to what we did and where we went. But if you do go to Barbados you must spend the money for a dinner at the Cliff's very romantic. I suggest the 6:00pm sitdown so you can whatch the sunset and the food was awesome. Enjoy!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Info/Recommendations on Barbados Resorts, etc....

As MrsBB said, there have been many discussions around south vs west - nobody is "right", it's about what you prefer.

Shopping isn't really a big thing in Barbados the way it is in other places, which is worth bearing in mind.

Remember the island is comparitively small, so wherever you go, you won't be far from anywhere else.

Have a look at Southern Palms, it's on the beautiful Dover Beach and in easy walking distance of the nightlife and restaurants of the Gap, but it's far enough out to not hear any of the noise, it sounds like it might be ideal for you if you want to go down the non AI route.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Info/Recommendations on Barbados Resorts, etc....

I would suggest you look at the following hotels -- all are at least 4 star:

Treasure Beach - short taxi ride from shops/restaurants

Cobblers Cove - short taxi ride from shops/restaurants

The Sandpiper (easily walkable to shops/restaurants)

Coral Reef Club (easily walkable to sh ops/restaurants)

You cannot go wrong with any of these. Type in their names in GOOGLE and Barbados and you will find their sites.

Lois

Fontana, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
228 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Info/Recommendations on Barbados Resorts, etc....

Thank you!

Fontana, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
228 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Info/Recommendations on Barbados Resorts, etc....

Thank you so much! I did think about the all adults almond..but the reviews aren't great on this site.

But you seemed to enjoy it..we do like all inclusive but it seems like this island is more about going out to restuarants/sight seeing. If you don't mind, I would love to get your "tip sheet" on things to do.. Right now, we are trying to decide which resort may be best and which side of island West Coast or South..thanks again for your feedback!

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Info/Recommendations on Barbados Resorts, etc....

Here is a link for 'things to do' as a start for your research on your trip.

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g147262-Activiti…

Fontana, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
228 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Info/Recommendations on Barbados Resorts, etc....

Thank you, looking at reviews for ABC and it seems like the beach was small, is this an issue? We do like to take long walks on beach....