We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Barbados in July: is it a good idea?

London
7 posts
Save Topic
Visiting Barbados in July: is it a good idea?

I was planning to visit Barbados in July (unfortunately my working pattern allows me extended vacations only in the period Jun-Aug): is it a good idea? I know that it's rainy season but I'm interested to know by someone that was actually there in July if his/her vacation was ruined by too much rain. Thanks!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Barbados in July: is it a good idea?

July isn't technically the "rainiest" month, November is and having been in November, you shouldn't worry about July!

There's always rain in the Caribbean as it's the tropics and nobody can predict exactly what will happen, but as a general rule you should be ok.

Another thing to bear in mind, is that in July Cropover season is in full swing, so there will be lots of action - but also the flights may be expensive.

Enjoy!

London, United...
Level Contributor
757 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Barbados in July: is it a good idea?

I was there last week in July last year and hardly any rain to speak about.

south east
Level Contributor
967 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Barbados in July: is it a good idea?

I have been coming out to Barbados in July for the last 10 years or so and have never had bad weather. In fact some times we have had better weather than during the winter! We were on hurricane warning once, but it never happened and we were in the garden sunbathing and swimming in the sea!

Generally there may be some showers, but I think it is a lovely time of year as the sea is normally very calm and warm.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Barbados in July: is it a good idea?

Only been to Barbados in July. Three times in the last 5 years. Each time for 14 day's. On the first 2 trips we had 2 half days lost to rain and last year one extremely bad day. I make that 2 days out of 42 in total. Not bad. Go for it and once you have made your decision ignore weather reports. Showers are very localised even in an island as small as Barbados and forecasting usually just says rain showers just in case!

London
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Barbados in July: is it a good idea?

Thank you for your answers! Now I'm more confident in booking this holiday for July... only 6 months to go!

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Barbados in July: is it a good idea?

Agree with the other posts re weather in July - not really an issue.

One bit of advice would be to consider flying out from the UK two or three days before the end of June if you can as most tour operators here raise their prices considerably from 1 July.

Monifieth,Scotland
Level Contributor
27 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting Barbados in July: is it a good idea?

Agree with the last post!We are going to Barbados for the first time from Manchester on 27th June and got 2 weeks self catering for four at the Coral Mist for under £3000,just!A week later the same holifday is £600 more and even more expensive the weeks after that!

8. Re: Visiting Barbados in July: is it a good idea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2010, 06:19