We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Fast Track" service worth it with child?

Toronto
Level Contributor
555 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
"Fast Track" service worth it with child?

I have the option to pay for me and my wife to get the fast track through BGI. However we will have with us our 9 yr old son.

At UVF a few weeks (Boxing day) back we bypassed 3-4 planeloads of people and were whisked into the family line. A woman asked us how old our son was and then said "come with me". Not a line really only one family in front! With that in mind will we get the same treatment at BGI? I've read they have a family line but it's the age of our son that might preclude that happening again.

Level Contributor
247 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: "Fast Track" service worth it with child?

No family line that I know of - there is a separate line for Barbaods citizens, Barbados residents diplomats and Caricom citizens.

Depends what time your flight is landing in Barbados. You may not need to pay extra for some sort of fast track (which I have never heard of) if you are landing before too many other big jets.

London, United...
Level Contributor
706 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Fast Track" service worth it with child?

I am not aware of a family line either. On many occassions I have queued with people who have small toddlers and they queued like everyone else.

As hardseed said, I guess it really just depends on how many planes land before / same time as yours as to how long the queues would be.

New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Fast Track" service worth it with child?

I have not seen a family line. When we were there in November, there was a long line and a fmily with two very yound children. One of them kept running around and the father kept chasing her. When they finally got sort of near the front of the line, someone came and took them up to a booth to be next.

4. Re: "Fast Track" service worth it with child?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2010, 05:17