We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking in public & in a car

Ontario
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Topic
Drinking in public & in a car

I know that you can walk around anywhere in Cuba with a beer, and passengers in cars can drink.

What are the laws re public consumption of alcohol in Barbados?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinking in public & in a car

I don't know of any laws that specifically prevent this, you'll often see people on the beach with a beer and the bars in the Gap will give you a plastic beaker if you have a bottle or glass and are leaving so that you can take your drink with you.

As far as drinking in a car goes, again, I don't know of any laws that prevent this, but others may know differently. I would only do this as a passenger though, not a driver! Whatever the laws are regarding drinking and driving, it's not important, it's the safety of yourself and others that counts!

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinking in public & in a car

Regretfully, there are no laws in Barbados regulating drinking and driving. Although a recent number of deaths have raised concerns and prompted calls for legislation. If you're drunk and cause an accident, an officer can charge you with negligence, but not drinking and driving.

Smithers, Canada
Level Contributor
209 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinking in public & in a car

Drinking and driving !!!!!!!! are you nuts, you know it's wrong do you need a law to enforce it ???????????????? drink in a bar , in you hotel or on the beach but not in a car

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinking in public & in a car

Hi There,

I read in the local paper this week that the breathalizer test is being implemented on the island.

Bubby

Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinking in public & in a car

Good...its about time!

Ontario
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinking in public & in a car

For cryin' out loud. Relax people.

I thought it was only on the Cuba forum where people got their knickers tied up in knots.

Please re-read my OP, and then tell me the part where I was asking about drinking and driving.

And bluesky41...apology accepted, but your apology won't need the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or the ???????????? marks.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drinking in public & in a car

Nothing and I mean nothing beats the Cuba board when it comes to drama and over reacting, band wagon jumping and self righteous preaching that's for sure LOL!!!

Bubbygirl

Ontario
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Drinking in public & in a car

Amen to that Bubbygirl.

9. Re: Drinking in public & in a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2010, 06:26