We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay or travel mate for Barbados....

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Place to stay or travel mate for Barbados....

Hi, I'm currently between jobs and thinking about a lengthy getaway down to Barbados in February/March (3 to 5 weeks). Last time I visited I stayed at Southern Palms in the Gap area and loved it, but I can't afford that price for a full months plus. Found great flight prices. So now I'm looking to those of TA to see if there is anyone needing a roomie or for any ideas on a reasonably priced place to stay for that length of time. Would like to stay in the same general area and truly don't need much ammenities. I'm a 33 year old SWM from Chicago just looking to decompress.

-Tim

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay or travel mate for Barbados....

Hi Tim

There are plenty of accommodations to suit a lesser budget thatn SP in the Gap, have a look at some of the guesthouse type places maybe, eg Rio, Bajan Flamingo, Dolphin, House Pebble or apartments like Cherry Tree, Meridian Inn, or the cheaper hotel options would be places like Yellow Bird or Rostrevor.

Or take a look at www.shoestringbarbados.org and www.vrbo.com

That's just a few to get you going!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay or travel mate for Barbados....

Thanks LMR, you were very helpful a couple of years ago when I made my last trip!!!

-Tim

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay or travel mate for Barbados....

Oh yes, I remember, I emailed you direct didn't I?

Glad to be of help ;O) Anything else, just shout!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay or travel mate for Barbados....

Yep, we were back and forth over e-mails. I can't access the shoestring site you provided for some reason - is it correct? Feel free to message me directly.

-Tim

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to stay or travel mate for Barbados....

Doh! That's because it's www.shoestringbarbados.com - not org, having a blonde moment!!

You could also try www.barbados.org (that's where I got the .org from!!!).

6. Re: Place to stay or travel mate for Barbados....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2010, 08:16