We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Questions

sammi35
Level Contributor
255 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Questions

I've been looking into some other hotels and well I thought we narrowed our choice down to Bouganvillea I'm now liking these other choices-

Would like to be on the beach (or can deal w/ crossing a street). Nice pool, on a nice beach with beautiful water and preferably swimmable, hotel bar and or pool bar. Close enough to take a taxi to good restaurants for dinner.

Do any of these beaches have beach bars?

Silver Point Villa Hotel- hotel looks very cool & modern. I see there's lots of windsurfing going on- does that mean you cannot go into the ocean?

South Beach Hotel- Again, very cool looking hotel. I understand it's across the street from the beach but how is that beach? I'll have to make sure the hotel offers beach chairs on the beach.

Coral Reef- Looks amazing but will have to see if we can get a better deal on price.

The Crane- Still love it but understand the beach is rough and it's out of the way.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,780 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Questions

"South Beach Hotel- Again, very cool looking hotel. I understand it's across the street from the beach but how is that beach? I'll have to make sure the hotel offers beach chairs on the beach."

We had friends stay there last year and the enjoyed it so much they're looking to return at the end of March.

It is right across the street from Accra/Rockley beach which has chairs, loungers, parasols, food court, vendors court, trees for shade, a few places where you can get a beer or whatever, you're a short walk to the "boardwalk". It is our favourite beach, it's wide, has a man made reef so the water is quite swimmable, good for children of all ages.

Their pool though is not a tradional pool, it's long, divided into sections for depth, not deep and is on the front of the hotel overlooking the street. Convenient. There is place to get a drink but it's not a swim up bar.

Worth consideration IMO.

Edited: 19 January 2010, 15:42
sammi35
Level Contributor
255 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Questions

Thanks!!!! That's very helpful info!

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Questions

Accra Beach Hotel is right on the beach, walkable to several restaurants, has a cool swim up bar also. The beach there is really nice.

sammi35
Level Contributor
255 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Questions

Accra was our first choice originally but I've been reading reviews on here about the pool being not so clean-

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147266-d267585…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Questions

The Accra is in a wonderful location, but the hotel facility is run down. It also has a reputation for crappy service.

6. Re: Hotel Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2010, 08:16