We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married, advice needed

Cambridge, England
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Getting married, advice needed

Hope someone can help.

My best friend is hoping to get married in barbados next April.

Where do we start...

1. Where is the best place venue/ambience to get married in Barbados?

2. Where is the best place venue/ambience/budget to get married?

3. How much should he budget for the event?

4. Anything he should be careful about?

Any help would be appreciated

Liverpool, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting married, advice needed

Firstly, I think your friend needs to set a budget and then plan around this.

Things can move really slow in Barbados, so I would recommend that you get a Wedding Planner to sort out all the paperwork and the important advice that you need to know before flying out.

I attended my brother-in-law's wedding in Barbados last November. As I have my own home there, they sought after an independent Wedding Planner & it was not through a hotel. They can be a bit pricey but there are things on the list that I am sure you can tick off as not needing or you can sort yourself..ie, bringing the cost right down.

My brother-in-law & his partner decided to get married on the beautiful & picturesque 'Bottom Bay'. This is also another decision your friend needs to make.......getting married in church, beach location or on the grounds of a hotel.

I would DEFINITELY recommend a Wedding Planner as everything ran smoothly as reagards to all the paperwork & she would pick & drop them off at the various locations.

To finish a perfect day, we all went to 'The Tides' restauarant in St. James. Expensive but worth every penny..especially for a special occasion.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,910 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting married, advice needed

I would also suggest a wedding planner. put into the search of this forum Barbados Bridges you will get a 2009 list and possibly a 2010 list of information. if you are talking about April 2011, you have started which is good, but don't think things will move very quickly. The questions you ask "where is the best...." will have several different responses so be open minded about many things.

for the budget. They need to decided how much they can spend or want to or can afford to spend and go from there. This will determine the kind of budget they will end up with and where the wedding/reception/honeymoon take place.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting married, advice needed

I ive in Barbados and got married in Nov 09, and I used a wedding planner. I used Island Bliss who were fantastic. They suggested options I had not even considered and we had a fantastic day. We knew we wanted a church wedding at St James Parish Church, but were unsure on where we could hold the reception within our budget. Lisa suggested Bagatelle Great House, and as soon as I saw it I fell in love!! Everyone that came to the wedding said it was the best wedding they had ever been to.

They defo need to decide on where they want the service first and the budget and build it around this. A wedding at a hotel will normally be followed by a reception there too and most hotels have a planner on site. A beach wedding or a church wedding would need a independant planner.

georgetown
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting married, advice needed

wedding planner for sure. depending on the size of your party you could rent a villa that permits weddings. get married at a nearby church and have the reception at the villa. as mentioned set a budget and go from there.

barbados and uk
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting married, advice needed

Hi

i am a wedding planner in the uk and Barbados my email is walker361@btinternet.com drop me a line to discuss what i can do for your wedding

xx

N Wales
Level Contributor
226 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting married, advice needed

Re: Getting married, advice needed ........stay single it's far cheaper .......sorry could'nt resist it........

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
327 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting married, advice needed

Virgin holidays do free Weddings at certain Hotels,sometimes you need to do a room upgrade but you also get a wedding planner at no extra charge

We was due to fly out 4 days ago,and get Married on Friday! we are now rebooked to fly out on the 27th but not yet had confirmation that we will be able to get Married. To make matters worst my Best Man was due to fly out today,but was told not to go to the Airport,yet his flight took off at 10am this morning! .....It's now looking unlikely that he will be able to get to Barbados!

8. Re: Getting married, advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2014, 13:24
9. Re: Getting married, advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2010, 07:30