We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from St. Lucia to Bridgetown??

Toronto
6 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from St. Lucia to Bridgetown??

I need to get from St. Lucia to Bridgetown. Any suggestions on a good way to travel between islands. What airlines? Any boats, ferry's etc. available. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from St. Lucia to Bridgetown??

Unfortunately there are still no ferry services (and if there were, it would take quite some time!).

There are small inter-island planes though, I'm pretty sure LIAT fly between Barbados and St Lucia, can't think off the top of my head which others do though.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from St. Lucia to Bridgetown??

does anyone have the latest news on the ferry service and when it is expected to begin?

cheers, rootsie!

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from St. Lucia to Bridgetown??

All quiet about the ferry service since November. http://www.bedytravel.com/index.html

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,475 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from St. Lucia to Bridgetown??

Barbados is the hub for LIAT and there are a few flights a day to St Lucia, just allow plenty of time.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,811 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from St. Lucia to Bridgetown??

Actually Liat's hub is Antigua - it is pretty much the only way to get from St. Lucia to Barbados. Fares are not that cheap however but there is no competition so you either pay or don't!!! you can check out their fares at www.liat.com

Toronto
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from St. Lucia to Bridgetown??

Thank you everyone. I appreciate your time and advice.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ecotourism
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from St. Lucia to Bridgetown??

Barbados is another hub, and there are 3 or 4 flights per day from SLU. I always book well in advance and get a good fare ($65 US before all the taxes etc.) If you wait until the last minute, there are fewer flights available and the price goes up.

Level Contributor
247 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from St. Lucia to Bridgetown??

More discussion about ferry in spice isle (grenada) threads...

See http://bit.ly/bS0ekC

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation from St. Lucia to Bridgetown??

we are dependent on local airline to fly from St Lucia to Barbados in december. Liat have not released flight info for this period yet ~ apparently this may be as late as May. Will I have a problem. BA flight to St Lucia & returning from barbados now booked. What other alternatives do I have. The dangers of doing your own thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation from St. Lucia to Bridgetown??

you won't have any problems with liat. just leave yourself lots of travel time just in case anything is running late. they have daily service several times a day as that is the way that business people travel throughout the islands also. don't worry.

cheers, rootsie!