We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for a family of 3, prefer a 1-2 bedroom place

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
375 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for a family of 3, prefer a 1-2 bedroom place

Hello all,

We have been considering another trip back to Barbados and want to try out a new place. I've been looking on Travel.com for some 1-2 bedroom places but it doesn't seem like there are very many to choose from. Where would you stay?

We are open to a one bedroom with a very good sofa bed in the living room if the two bedroom option is out of our price range. We would like something on the beach with a very good pool also as the kiddo doesn't like the sea water all that much yet. We've stayed at the Divi Southwinds and Beach View.

We're not worried about all inclusive as the food is so good on Barbados it almost seems a waste but wouldn't rule it out either.

We've even considered villa's and I've reviewed a lot of them but think for the time being that at least for this trip we will stay at a hotel.

Thank you all for your time and suggestions.

:D

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,340 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for a family of 3, prefer a 1-2 bedroom place

Bougainvillea maybe?

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for a family of 3, prefer a 1-2 bedroom place

I'll 2nd Bougainvillea...

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for a family of 3, prefer a 1-2 bedroom place

Palm Beach Condos at Holetown are very popular one bedroom apartments and most have a sofa bed in the living room. They are on the beach, in a fantastic position close to restaurants and shops and they have a large fresh water swimming pool. Try looking on relaxingretreats.co.uk

United States
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for a family of 3, prefer a 1-2 bedroom place

Another vote for the Bougainvillea. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite; they also offer 2 bedroom suites. It's beautiful and clean, with a very attentive and friendly staff. Great beach and pools, including wading pools. My kids loved it as much as my husband and I did.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
375 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay for a family of 3, prefer a 1-2 bedroom place

Thanks a bunch people. Anyone else have a place in mind other than the two mentioned.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay for a family of 3, prefer a 1-2 bedroom place

We just got back from The Crane, and it is great family resort with your choice of junior suites, 1, 2 or 3 bedroom condos. We had a junior suite, the smallest of the accomodations and it was very large. The pool complex is amazing -- there's at least four pools all together -- an infinity edge pool, a large jacuzzi type pool, the main pool with waterfalls and which also has a section with a wide ledge with water less than a foot deep for the young ones to play in. It's a spectacular setting and they have recently opened the Crane Village in the center of the resort with several restaurants, shops a convenience store, etc.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,212 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay for a family of 3, prefer a 1-2 bedroom place

Settlers Beach Villa Hotel has 1 or 2 bedroom units.

It's within easy walking distance to the shops and restaurants in Holetown and has a nice shady bit of beach and calmer sea for small children.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
375 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay for a family of 3, prefer a 1-2 bedroom place

Great, thank you everyone for your replies.

9. Re: Where to stay for a family of 3, prefer a 1-2 bedroom place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2010, 05:18