We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Small Hotel Like Peach and Quiet, but Open July!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Small Hotel Like Peach and Quiet, but Open July!

We're looking for a quiet (no kids or few if possible) hotel near or on the beach (we don't mind walking). Not interested in the big resorts please.

I would have loved the Little Arches but it's out of our price range. I also thought Peach and Quiet would have been perfect (quiet and budget priced) - but we're going in July and it's closed!! :(

Any recommendations for something similar to Peach and Quiet in terms of seclusion and "time for two"?

Many thanks!

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Small Hotel Like Peach and Quiet, but Open July!

Perhaps try a villa/apartment. Inchcape have a variety of sizes on one complex so it feels like you are part of a larger group. They are situated not far from Little Arches & Peach & Quiet so in a quiet area. You can also go to the Silver Sands Hotels for a 'small fee' if that appeals.

http://www.inchcape.net/home/

Bickington, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Small Hotel Like Peach and Quiet, but Open July!

The Island Inn is another option. I believe it is being refurbished at present, but near completion [supposedly].

It has approx 20 rooms and no childrens facilities. Although it is AI it is still very reasonably priced if you are looking for intimate. Definately not your normal AI resort .And very close to a beautiful quite beach.

UK
Level Contributor
156 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Small Hotel Like Peach and Quiet, but Open July!

it is not a hotel but 6 self-catering apartments in grounds of owners' home, on west coast, right across from Mullins beach - try Legend Garden Condos. I and others have written reviews on this forum. Very relaxed atmosphere and great quiet location. North of Holetown, about a mile from Spieghtstown. buses to Holetown etc for eating out and great Chinese restaurant 5 mins stroll north.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Small Hotel Like Peach and Quiet, but Open July!

In Holetown, you have Sunswept hotel, you don't need a car.

It's basic (we visited for friends), it's basic, but under 150 $, you know.

http://www.sunsweptbeach.com/

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
25 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for Small Hotel Like Peach and Quiet, but Open July!

Hello

i am going to Bardados in september 2010

the forum have told me the sliversands hotel is quite and pretty but you need a car or taxi to get about

please let me know how it went

have fun

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for Small Hotel Like Peach and Quiet, but Open July!

You could also look at Silver Point Villa, I think Silver Sands is quite large in size and not intimate like Peach & Quite and Little Arches.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for Small Hotel Like Peach and Quiet, but Open July!

Thank you everyone.

I really think small is the way to go... any more recommendations are very appreciated! This is tougher than I thought!!

8. Re: Looking for Small Hotel Like Peach and Quiet, but Open July!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2010, 06:16