We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time in Barbados...

Cheshire
2 posts
Save Topic
1st time in Barbados...

Hi, my husband and I are looking to go to Barbados on 1st May 2010 for 2 weeks to celebrate our 1st Wedding Anniversary. We are looking for a hotel that offers relative luxury but most importantly good food. We are going for a well deserved break so are thinking of going AI so that we have the option of dining out or not, but don't want to compromise on standard and stil want a la carte restaurants. We have looked at Crystal Cove, The Waves, Mango Bay and Turtle Bay. Any thoughts or suggestions????

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time in Barbados...

Mango Bay or Crystal Cove will be my choice,but i prefer Mango Bay

UK Cornwall
Level Contributor
171 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time in Barbados...

if you like real top quality food, as im sure you know, All inclusive resorts are generally not known for this, but i stayed a week all inclusive at Almond Casuriana, and the food was good, by far the best ive ever had in an AI resort, a la carte menu, which changed every night, but to be honest i would go either B and B or room only/SC as ther are plenty of excellent restaurants, also are you or your husband into cricket???? not sure if your aware the world cup is on out there while your there!!!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time in Barbados...

The Waves has just re-opened after a major refurb. I love Mango Bay!!!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time in Barbados...

I agree with the non-AI suggestion, there are so many great places to eat on the island...

Have you looked at Little Arches? Sounds like it could be ideal for you and they do have a nice restaurant on site if you don't want to go out!

Cheshire
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time in Barbados...

Thanks all I shall take a look at the B&B options. If we did this approximately how much are restaurants for dinner for 2 with wine?

Also we know about the cricket and we want to try and get tickets.... or would you say avoid Barbados during this time?!!

Saint Hyacinthe...
Level Contributor
308 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time in Barbados...

I stayed at the Turtle Beach in January and it was very nice.

Food was over my expectations for and AI.

Crystal Cove is its sister-hotel and it's a good place too. If you stay at the Turtle Beach, you can go to the Crystal Cove for a day with all the same services.

7. Re: 1st time in Barbados...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2010, 09:05