We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Nice Resort with sandy, calm beach

Carolina
Level Contributor
394 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Nice Resort with sandy, calm beach

My wife and I love to snorkel and like calm waters on a nice sandy beach. Need suggestion for mid June trip.

south east
Level Contributor
933 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Nice Resort with sandy, calm beach

Paynes Bay on the west coast is an excellent sandy beach and sh ould be calm at that time of year. Good for snorkelling with the reef and the turtles. The west coast tends to be calmer - however, this can't always be guaranteed if there is a passing storm! There are a number of hotels and privately owned apartments on Paynes Bay beach.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Nice Resort with sandy, calm beach

I would suggest Mango Bay, Discovery Bay or even nicer Sandpiper they are all close to Folkestone Marine Park which has protected reefs for snorkelling.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Nice Resort with sandy, calm beach

Both of the above suggestion are perfect,i born and grow in folkesstone area live there 37 years,there is not much places in Barbados that is as nice as Paynes Bay and the Holetown areas.Sunswept would be the perfect hotel you can walk and swim out to the shipwreck 300 metre from this hotel along the beach, lots more fish than the marine park at folkestone.

4. Re: Looking for Nice Resort with sandy, calm beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2010, 03:17