We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip review March 29 - April 19, 2010

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Trip review March 29 - April 19, 2010

Second visit to Barbados. Stayed at a private villa in Christ Church.

I can't believe how much change there has been in 2 years. Lots of buildings and new ventures. I never did make it to Graeme Hall Sanctuary and upon our return, it is closed. Very sad.

We enjoyed the following tours:

Bank's brewery (Informative and refreshing beverage once completed).

Earthworks (Lovely pottery. Beautiful views).

Sunbury Plantation (Lovely setting, great place to dine for either Lunch or Dinner).

Segway (Be sure to book on a Monday when there aren't any ships in port, less people).

Silver Moon (Second tour with them, nothing but first class service. Captain Ben and crew were fantastic.)

Barbados Nature Reserve (Second visit, we brought friends up there who loved the turtles and the monkeys).

We ate at the following restaurants:

Coffee Bean (Opened from 7 - 5, closed on Sundays. O.k. for a sandwich and cup of coffee, staff was not friendly at all - perhaps they were having a bad day and it showed).

Champers (Second visit, great place, excellent service).

Oisten's fish fry (Pat's place, love it).

The Art House Cafe (Located beside Earth works. Spectacular views, great food and service).

Bert's Bar (Fun spot...good food, Kathy is the best waitress, happy hour is a must they have great daiquiris).

Surfers Cave (neat spot in Oinstens).

Just Grillin (good food, fast and efficient).

Bubba's Sports Bar (we went for brunch, bad idea...it was noisy and smelled smokey...greasy brunch, would not go back at all).

Golfed at Rockley and Barbados golf courses. Very nice. Barbados course is nicer in my opinion.

Rockley Board walk is really nice. Had a nice cold banks along the walk. The water is much calmer here than where we were.

Toured around the island many times and see something new everytime. We did stay clear of Boscobel road due to the reviews we have seen on trip advisor, thank-you for posting that.

Shopping downtown Bridgetown, Cave Sheppard, too many shops to name. Great experience.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the review and I want to thank those who take the time to share the good, bad and ugly of their experiences, it is much appreciated.

Very best always...

Can't wait to go back to Barbados....

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip review March 29 - April 19, 2010

Thanks for the great review, sounds like you had a great time! I'm sure that you will be back soon. Barbados is so beautiful, so many of us seem to love it there, as soon as we arrive home we start planning our next trip!!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
645 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip review March 29 - April 19, 2010

Great review. Sounds like you had a fantastic time. Looking forward to my trip in January 2011.

3. Re: Trip review March 29 - April 19, 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2010, 05:16