We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crystal Cove Hotel

reading
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Crystal Cove Hotel

Is it really a big problem to get any sunshade at this hotel? Do we really have to rise at 6.30am. to bag a beach umbrella? or are there any palm trees that we can sit under and sup our rum punches. We go on 25th May, looking forward to the hot sun but from time to time need just a bit of shade.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crystal Cove Hotel

Barbados is not like the MED people here aren't territorial about sunloungers or parasols you won't have a problem - Have a lie in!!!!

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crystal Cove Hotel

Are you kidding? Have you actually stayed here?

Gloucester
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crystal Cove Hotel

I am afraid the 'sun bed' mentality is alive and kicking in Barbados, I have taken this issue up with a couple of managers but nothing seems to be done about it - the attitude seems to be if you can't beat them join them.

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,846 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crystal Cove Hotel

There is not much natural shade on the main part of the beach but to the LHS (as you look out to sea) there is a big tree which offers some shade

Not really the ideal solution but if it is (deplorably) as bad as some suggest .....I would personally invest in my own sun shade ( with the management's agreement) ...better than sunburn or stressed holiday

Did this once in Spain and surprisingly the hotel paid for it ...after all they have responsibility to provide for ALL their guest not just those who get up early

5. Re: Crystal Cove Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2010, 05:17