We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night stay prior to cruise

middletown,pa.
14 posts
Save Topic
One night stay prior to cruise

Wll be coming to Barbados Feb. 5 prior to a Sunday departure on the Windsurf. Looking for a one night stay in a moderately priced hotel($200 +/-) in the Rockley - Chistchurch area on or near a beach. I would appreciate any thoughts on the Coral Mist or Yellow Bird hotels. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike Bowen

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,508 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night stay prior to cruise

I really like Coral Mist. The only downside I can think of is that the block backs on to the south coast road. It's sister hotel Blue Orchids has blocks that do not back onto the road though. Yellow Bird is located at the end of the Gap road so might be a bit noisier from the nearby bars, but it is centrally located and the food/cocktails are very good there.

I have stayed at Coral Mist 5 times now, so I am probably biased, but I would pick that.

Edited: 17 May 2010, 15:53
Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night stay prior to cruise

I would also pick Coral Mist. You would have a choice of many restaurants to walk to, and the beach there would be nice for a stroll if you were there in the daytime...good luck.

Ontario
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One night stay prior to cruise

Yellowbird is right on the main road. We found it noisy.

4. Re: One night stay prior to cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2010, 06:19