We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time Barbados - advice please

london, uk
Level Contributor
105 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
First time Barbados - advice please

HI

I plan to visit Barbados for the first time during August 2010 with my wife and two kids (aged 6 and 2).

Any advice from the experts on this forum would be appreciated; I especially want recommendations on any two bedroomed accommodation and pointers about which areas of the island are most suited to us. Our budget is 100 pounds sterling per night.

Ideally we'd like somewhere with a pool and also walking distance to a beach. With young children in tow we're unlikely to visit bars or nightclubs but we'd like to be near a choice of restaurants for our evening entertainment.

Thanks

dazarooni

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time Barbados - advice please

I would recommend Coral Mist - it fits your budget and basically all of your requirements I'd say.

Manchester
Level Contributor
247 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time Barbados - advice please

We just got back from Gingerbread Cottage Westerlee with our kids (12,8). Had great time well within your budget, monkeys, birds, etc to see. Good pool though not walking distance to beach, 1 mile drive to beaches/shops.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time Barbados - advice please

I know you will love the island. Many of the hotels have 2nd bedrooms such as The Sandpiper and Coral Reef Club. Both are within walking distance of Holetown as well where there are several restaurants and shops. Great beaches as well.

On the south coast, Bougainville Beach has some lovely 2 bedroom accommodations. More wave activity on the south coast beaches.

You might get a good idea if you check out my tips at:

www.barbadostips.com I give lots of ideas on everything there.

Exmouth England
Level Contributor
699 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time Barbados - advice please

I also would recommend Coral Mist. It is on the South Coast, right on the beach and the pool, although small, is never busy. We have just returned

:-( and every time i was in the pool i was either on my own or with one or two others!

The rooms are equipped with everything you could possibly need e.g. fridge/freezer, microwave, utensils, kettle, toaster, oven, hairdryer, ironing board and iron etc. It is close enough to eating places but far enough away from the hustle and bustle of any night life.

I have been there 3 times and could not fault it. If i had children i would definitely feel happy taking them to Coral Mist. Hope this helps :-)

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time Barbados - advice please

I don't think Coral Reef of Sandpiper are within dazarooone's budget of 100 pounds sterling per night. I agree with Scary, check out Coral Mist.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time Barbados - advice please

Actually, I overlooked the price. For that rate you may be correct in suggesting Coral Mist.

7. Re: First time Barbados - advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2010, 06:16