We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almond Beach Casurina Rooms and Information

New York
Level Contributor
90 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Almond Beach Casurina Rooms and Information

Hello;o),

My friend (both single, late 30's)and I finally decided on booking The Almond Casurina for our trip in mid-August. I have looked at several postings in the forum, but some of them are not very current. May I ask:

1. If we book a standard room, which is the best block or area to request? Is it better to be near the beach/pool? We also know there are no elevators and would prefer a room on a lower floor.

2. Approx. how much is a cab ride to the nightlife at the other end of the gap?

3. It seems that a cab ride will be almost the same amount as booking transfers, from what is posted in the forum...any recommendations?

If there is any need to know orother information you can provide us with that might be of interest we so greatly appreciate it!!!

Thank you , in advance!

New York
Level Contributor
90 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Almond Beach Casurina Rooms and Information

The Resort is Almond Casurina..sorry!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Almond Beach Casurina Rooms and Information

Can't help with the hotel info I'm afraid, but a cab will be about BD$30-35 from the airport down to the hotel. A cab to the bars etc will be about BD$20 (that's what I heard them charging others last year, but that was after midnight). Personally, I would walk to the bars on the way out, and maybe just get a cab on the way back (unless you feel like walking!!), it's not really that far, we always walk down from by the playing field and it's about 5 - 10 min further from Casuarina!

Your other option would be to walk up to the main road and get a bus (on the way out) to take you right round to the other end of the Gap.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Almond Beach Casurina Rooms and Information

Your on the Door step of the Gap,you could walk to the other end in 5 minutes !

If you look at the reviews of Almond Casuarina, there is a fair few Reviews where people mention which blocks/rooms are the best to stay in

Enjoy

uk
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Almond Beach Casurina Rooms and Information

Hi I would say that block 2 would be the best for you if you want a low floor. It overlooks a lawn so there is no foilage in front which darkens some of the low floor rooms in block 3. Block 2 only gets sunlight in the mornings though - later in the day it is hidden by the ocean view block.

Block 3 is the nearest to the Reception area and late night bar and the pool& bar by Enids and only a short walk to the main pool & beach. Block 2 & 3 are only a few steps away from each other though.

Dont forget to book your dinner reservations at reception in the morning - you can book a few days at once if you prefer.

Also have a look at the thread below for more information about the shuttle service and food at the hotel and info about bars nearby -

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g147266-i289-k33…

Hope this helps

New York
Level Contributor
90 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Almond Beach Casurina Rooms and Information

Thank you all so much for your time and advice!

6. Re: Almond Beach Casurina Rooms and Information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2010, 06:17