We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Barbados in October

Munster
4 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Barbados in October

Hi folks,

We are thinking of going to barbados for 7 nights in mid october. I would be grateful if anyone could recommend nice, relaxing, comfortable, well air conditioned (i'm an irish red head so wil melt in the heat!!) rooms, in a hotel taht does not necessarily have children in it and is good value for money. We do not want a mad nitelife for the week but instead want to enjoy the beaches and rest and relax after the mayhem that i'm assuming the week of the wedding will entail!

All suggestions gratefully received! Also, an input as to what the temperatures will be like around mid oct would be great.

Many thanks.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Barbados in October

Check out the message on here about BA offers to Butterfly Beach and others the dates may be suitable for you.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Barbados in October

October will also depend on which date as if it falls near half term week there will be more children in most of the hotels in Barbados. Another is your budget Barbados has a massive range of prices available. This is the order I would first narrow down the options.

Budget

West Coast or South South or possibly East - Calm waters/narrower beaches v more wavy sea/wider beaches very sandy sea bed

AI v RO

There are not many adult only hotels in Barbados if you give us an idea of your budget we probably could give you some options. Give us a total cost or amount per night you want to spend.

The weather forecast will show the same for most of the years. October & November tends to be the wetter months but I go every year in October and have never had more than a few heavy showers.

Munster
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Barbados in October

Thanks for your replies folks.

We're hoping to be there from 12th to 19th October - does school holidays fall around this time?

Our budget is roughly €3,000-€4,000 for the two of us. We both want good food and a relaxing time while on honeymoon. We'll need proper air conditioning in the room as we're both not used to heat. This is the first holiday in about 2 years we've been on and may not be on another for a good few years to come so we want to make it a good one.

I would like nice beaches preferably.

I dont mind going all inclusive at all but it it worth that or are there good restaurants on the island we should be eating in instead?

All guidance much appreciated.

Gloucester
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Barbados in October

Firstly congratulations on your forthcoming wedding.

I think you might like Mango Bay, it is an AI close to the shops/bars (only a few) of Holetown, should you wish to eat out there are ample restaurants around. Ny neice spent her honeymoon there and really loved the place, they did intend eating out but found the food so good they decided not to.

Almond Beach Club is an adult only AI hotel which you might like to take a look at, you then get to use the facilities of the other Almond resorts on the island.

The Elegant Group is another good one to look at, Turtle Beach and Crystal Cove are AI and then there are Colony Club and Tamarind Cove (a favourite of mine) They are undergoing refurbishments but I dont think they are closing.

If you prefer to eat out and sample the restaurants around the island then I can highly recommend Treasure Beach - some of the hotels do close for refurbishment around this time of year so check that out as well.

The weather will be in the high eighties and you might get the chance of a few showers which I am sure you will welcome.

Edited: 16 June 2010, 13:05
Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Barbados in October

B.A. have some great offers go into their website then into Flights & Holidays and then special offers.

Colony Club £2883 for 2 incl breakfast

Turtle Beach £2327 for 2 AI great price for All Inclusive.

Mango Bay £3000 for 2 incl breakfast

The Crane £3000 for 2

Loads of other options on their website.

Half term at a lot of schools is Mon 25th October so you may be lucky with fewer children about.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Barbados in October

Sorry Mango Bay shoudl have read AI.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,215 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Barbados in October

Based on your budget and the important occasion I would suggest Sandpiper Hotel and not do anything all inclusive. You'll be on the West Coast near some fantastic restaurants, more than you can visit in 7 days. Plus easy access to several relaxing places to enjoy, transportation is also quite simple and inexpensive.

Plus it's not a place where you'll find many young children.

Air Conditioning should not be an issue anywhere.

However like it was stated, October is the rainiest month therefore quite humid, but that's true for all of the Caribbean.

8. Re: Honeymoon in Barbados in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2010, 22:23
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,215 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon in Barbados in October

I went to the Sandpiper website http://www.sandpiperbarbados.com and found the following information.

"Closure Dates

The Sandpiper will be closed for annual refurbishment and staff holidays during the periods 14 August - 13 October 2010 and 13 August - 12 October 2011."

It would be worthy of consideration and probably if contacted you might get a deal.

Best of Luck and enjoy Barbados wherever you decide to stay.

10. Re: Honeymoon in Barbados in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2010, 22:23