We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last day questions :)

Jönköping
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Last day questions :)

Some last days questions that popped out of my head.. :)

1. When returning home from Barbados what's the amount of spirits in liter you can bring inside the country.. I'm thinking I would at least have some bottle of nice old rum before I leave as a great memory..

2. What's the taxi rate from the airport to Coral Mist Beach Hotel, just around not exactly if not anyone has done it recently.. I don't want to be tricked.. Anyone have a clue? I can't seem to find the taxi rates on www.barbados.org as mention before in the forums..

3. I guess most people visits Mount Gay Rum Distillery but as rhum lover is the Cocktail tour to prefer or should I'll mail them and ask for something more?

4. Is free WIFI-Hot spots common in Barbados, I guess every hotel has one but in general?

That's all for now :) Thanks!

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,196 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last day questions :)

To address your question:

1. The amount of duty free you can take back will depend on your country's own limits. In the UK it is 1litre per person.

2. The last time we got taxis it was about $40BDS (note BDS not USD as a small minority of unscrupulous taxi drivers have been known to ask for USD instead, which is double)

3. I have only done the normal and lunch tours - both end with a tasting in the bar and you can buy more cocktails if you wish. It is a good tour, Malibu is also good, didn't hink much of the Banksd tour (but the woman who showed us round didn't want to be there!)

4. There is free wi-fi in Coral Mist in the reception. I think some rooms in Blue Orchids get it, but not sure about Coral Mist. Not sure how many other hotspots there are.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,353 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last day questions :)

Just to add to this ... whilst the amount of duty free rum you can take back is limited by the regulations at home, you can take back duty PAID rum in addition. So if you buy it in a supermarket or even at somewhere like Cave Shepherd and pay the local rather than duty free price that is fine. Keep the receipt to prove it if you have to and put it in your checked in baggage rather than hand luggage obviously because of the "liquids" rule. You can get 1.75 litre plastic bottles of Mount Gay etc which aren't too heavy!!

Jönköping
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Last day questions :)

Thanks for your answers.. Well it's the travel between Barbados to London I'm wondering about.. The travel between London - Sweden is fine because we're both inside the European Union.. So it's only 1 litre of spirit to bring to uk?

When you are shopping duty-free for example in Bridgetown, you'll probably need to bring flight tickets and passport.. Is it ok to bring copies of these documents?

Best regards

4. Re: Last day questions :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2010, 07:18