We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendation November

UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Recommendation November

Any recommendations for a nice hotel on the south or east coast for 2 weeks this November, we have an 18month old so I'd like something family friendly. Not necessarily kids clubs as she's too young, but calm water sheltered beach etc.

We’d like to walk to restaurants at night. Budget about £4000 for the 2 weeks bed and breakfast or room only, good clean accommodation in a good location. I've not been to Barbados for about 7 years so I imagine things will have changed at bit

Thanks in advance

May be a silly questions, but can you get children’s car seats with car hire??

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recommendation November

I wonder if you mean west coast as generally the south & even more so the east coasts have more wave action than the west. Once you have confirmed this we will then make some hotel choices.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recommendation November

I'm sure you will enjoy your 2 week visit in November. I would suggest looking at The Sandpiper - west coast, 5 min. walk into Holetown for restaurants, good beach (west coast waters are calm).

On the south coast if you want to walk to restaurants, check out Southern Palms - quiet end of the St. Lawrence Gap area and yet walkable to the restaurant in the Gap. The water there can be a bit choppy, however.

On the south coast you will find calmer waters at Sandy Beach - there you could stay at Coral Sands Beach Resort -- away from the noise in the Gap, but you can easily get there (although I would suggest a $7 taxi ride as the road is narrow walking into the Gap from that hotel).

Another suggestion on the south coast would be Accra Beach Resort - nice beach area, walkable to a few restaurants (Champers being among them). Ask for an ocean front room here or you will hear lots of street noise otherwise.

Stoutes Cars does have children's car seats available -- book in advance.

Check out my tips at: www.barbadostips.com and this may help with many of your questions.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recommendation November

Quite possibly Coral Mist or Blue Orchids on the South Coast would suit your requirements. Both are on the beach but you have a choice of beaches and Rockley/Accra has a small cove on the east side where you can sit and relax but also the waters are calm.

As suggested Southern Palms also.

All reputable car rental companies have child seats we found MAH Car Rentals the best value, you can contact them at mahcarrentals@sunbeach.net they answer quickly when e mailed.

Plus the suggested hotels are close to grocery shopping, restaurants of all types and easy transportation to anywhere.

Also suggest you look at the last two weeks of November as it's the end of the rainy season. You'll still get rain showers but possibly less than earlier in November.

UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recommendation November

thank you so much for the replies, yes sorry i meant the west coast, been away for too long!

thank you for the info on the car rentals too, thats put my mind at rest, i remember the bus rides being quite scary at times.

thanks for the tip on the weather, my hubby and i used to work on cruise ships out of Barbados so never really paid attention to the weather, its more for work reasons that we've chosen November, so will defintiley go for the end of November.

Can't wait, thanks again

5. Re: Hotel Recommendation November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2010, 07:17