We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area of the island to stay on?

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which area of the island to stay on?

Hi everyone,

We'll be coming to Barbados for just a day and a half before going on a sailing trip. We'd like to stay somewhere that is walking distance or short bus ride to restaurants and maybe some shopping. A beach or two close by would be nice as well. Nightlife doesn't really matter. Looking to pay $150 or less per night. Any ideas??

I looked at Peach and Quiet and it looks great, but I wasn't sure about the location as far as walking to places.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Guildford
Level Contributor
433 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which area of the island to stay on?

I cannot be much help on this, but 2 thoughts. 1. Do you want air con? I don't thint P&C has it. 2. Many hotels have a minimum period of stay, so your choice for 1 day at that price may not be as wide as you might think.

Enjoy the sail.

E.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which area of the island to stay on?

You may well have a problem with minimum stay and your budget as the easiest place to stay for 1 night is the Hilton which has more business clients and therefore offers short stays. Peach and Quiet is exactly what it says quiet that's why people go there it is quite isolated but a taxi or bus ride would get you where you want.

There are B & B's like Bayfield House up near Mullins it has rooms from $145 to $160 US during Low season this could be a good option for your budget and gets great reviews on TA. You would have to take a bus to either Holetown 10-15 mins or Speightstown 5 mins.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1157806-d11194…

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which area of the island to stay on?

We'll actually be there for two nights. Get in around 3pm and have that evening and then the next day and evening as well.

Thanks for your help and I will keep looking! It's not until Feb. so we have lots of time.

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which area of the island to stay on?

Have you looked at Holetown on the West Coast? There are plenty of places to stay there and all within easy walking distance of restaurants and shops. Mango Bay & Discovery Bay are on the beach. Mango is probably in the best position for bars and restaurants. Failing that, you could consider a condo. (Villas on the Beach or Palm Beach etc).

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which area of the island to stay on?

Sorry, I just noticed your budget. I think you should be ok with Palm Beach. There are also small condos at Sunset Crest which would be suitable. Take a look at holiday-rentals.co.uk

enfield
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which area of the island to stay on?

Hi, check out Sunswept in Holetown xx

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which area of the island to stay on?

remember this is 2 nights only.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which area of the island to stay on?

I agree with footychick, I think the problem will be more which hotels will take you for only 2 nights in peak season which February is, I am sure you will find one that you like but I don't think you will have a huge choice. I'd e-mail the ones you are interested in early and then get it booked asap. I would have thought apartments, condo's etc would be less willing to book out for 2 nights only.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which area of the island to stay on?

Time Out at the Gap or Butterfly Beach Hotel, both on the south coast, may suit your needs. They are both budget hotels and I've heard great things about Butterfly Beach Hotel.

BB

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which area of the island to stay on?

I think a budget of $150/night in peak season will be pretty hard to find. Also, as others have said, you only will be there 2 nights.

Accra Beach Hotel is nice and not too far from Champers - one of the best restaurants on the island. Also a nice beach right there.

The Hilton is good also for a short stay.