We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some location help from the vets

NYC
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Topic
Need some location help from the vets

Hello All,

1st time to Barbados hopefully in late August for 5 days. 2 couples, early 30s. I was just looking on VRBO and see some pretty competitive prices condo rentals, beachfront etc.. What is a nice area to rent? I am a little confused with all the different areas. We would like a swimmable beach, some nightlife, restaraunts, maybe some bars.

Not looking for complete seclusion or over the top fancy. We really just want to be in a prime area with options. At least then I can start to narrow down the rentals in the areas you suggest. Thanks in advance guys!

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,551 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some location help from the vets

What are the areas of the places you're interested in? Popular areas are south coast (Worthing, Hastings in Christ Church Parish), west coast (St. James Parish, Holetown area)

West Coast beaches are usually calmer than South Coast.

Gloucester
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some location help from the vets

Gosh I thought you meant a vetinary surgeon.

Good luck in finding your perfect place in Barbados.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some location help from the vets

There are loads of options, especially if you could forego the beachfront requirement - there are even more places that are just off the beach.

Have you looked at the Rio Santo on VRBO? I stayed there a year or so ago and it's a lovely property based in Worthing, just up the road from St Lawrence Gap where there are lots of bars/restaurants etc. It's just over the road from the beach.

Another option would be Goodwyn Beach House, between St Lawrence Gap and Oistins, I've not stayed there myself, but it does look lovely!

If you wanted to spend a little bit more money, there is The Terraces and Sapphire Beach Condos in the Gap. The Yellow Bird Hotel has a couple of apartments that are quite nice as does the Rostrevor Hotel (Beverley Apartments) but I don't know what they are like. Maresol Apartments have a couple of ocean view apartments, I'm staying there in October, so will let you know what they're like!

All that I've mentioned are on the south coast, which is generally seen as being less expensive than the west coast, with more nightlife and wider, but "wavy" beaches. The west coast has less nightlife (but still options), narrower beachers and calmer seas.

Edited: 25 July 2010, 17:42
4. Re: Need some location help from the vets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2011, 06:16