We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise Day Barbados

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise Day Barbados

My Mom & Dad will be on a Cruise in October and have a stop in Barbados. They are interested in a nice beach with a chair and an umbrella to just hang out. My Dad will most likely swim in the ocean. A pool would be a plus. Is there any day passes that fit their needs?? Local public beaches?? My Mom does not drink so all inclusive would be a waste of money for them. Need to know the best way for them to travel also. Local transportation or Taxi??. They are 80 & 81 but can still get around fairly well.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,999 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise Day Barbados

Hi Astrid if your parents want a day hotel pass they could try the Hilton, the beach there is nice and they have a pool. I am not sure how much the pass is but you could e-mail them. That is pretty close to the port and wouldn't cost much in a taxi. If they just wanted a chair and an umbrella they could get a taxi to Miami beach/Enterprise beach which is nice, they have toilet facilities and there is a place to buy food and drink. Closer still to the port is Carlisle Bay which is very nice, it is a very long wide bay. It does get a lot of visitors on cruise days but is so big that if you pick the right chair vendor it doesn't seem busy. There are places that sell food and drinks just off the beach and toilet facilities. There is also Rockley/Accra beach which is a nice beach but I have found that to be a bit busier when we have been. If your parents enjoy taking a stroll that beach is the start to the boardwalk and they could walk along that, it is a nice walk. They could get lunch either on the beach or there is a nice ocean front restaurant called Tapas about 15 mins walk along the board walk. Really depends on what they prefer to do. Hope that helps a bit! Emma

2. Re: Cruise Day Barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2011, 06:16