We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicest Beach

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Topic
Nicest Beach

Hello every one. Never been to Barbados but

we are considering for Feb or March 2011.

Where is the nicest beach. Long beach for walking, calm waters, wide beach so you don't feel over crowed and a nice beach bar to drink and relax. Many more questions but this will start things going.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nicest Beach

Carlisle Bay just outside Bridgetown would meet all those criteria.

amilton,ontario
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nicest Beach

i agree...carlisle bay :)...only 4months to go!!

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,517 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nicest Beach

Many, many repeat visitors to the island all have their own favourite beach, so we couldn't say which IS the best just our own opinion, you have to decide that for yourself.

The west coast beaches are usually calm waters, the south a bit more surf.

Carlisle bay has been mentioned, my personal favourite is Dover beach, long, wide, usually quiet and has bars at both ends of the beach.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nicest Beach

My personal favourite is Miami beach but it doesn't really fit the poster's criteria, Carlisle Bay seemed a better fit.

The calm water tends to be on the west coast, whereas the wider beaches tend to be on the south, that's why it is difficult to meet all the criteria. Don't also forget the boardwalks on both these coasts, ideal for a stroll. Really must get round to doing the south coast one next week!

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nicest Beach

There really isn't a nicest beach. It all depends on what you like in a beach and whether you want waves, surfing, or calm waters. I really like Miami Beach but could be just as happy at several others. Maxwell Beach is great for boogie boarding and body surfing if you're into that. It all depends on what you're looking to do.

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,946 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nicest Beach

A combination of Gibbes and Mullins gives a good mix that is close to the criteria

....but I totally agree there is no such thing as 'best' or 'nicest' ...it is all down to personal choice

Bath , Morgan Lewis and Bottom Bay are some others that I would visit

Edited: 10 August 2010, 19:12
MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,946 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nicest Beach

...the longest 'beach walk' on Barbados is probably from Bathsheba >>> Barclays Park>>> to the top of Morgan Lewis

...see Google maps !!!

Edited: 10 August 2010, 22:12
Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nicest Beach

Sandy Lane to Paynes Bay......Carlisle Bay...2 best beaches in Barbados,also Paradise Beach where the 4 seasons is being built all along to Pile Bay and Brighton Beach,Malibu along Spring Garden. These are some of the best calm,wide nice beaches in Barbados.

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nicest Beach

We are beach walkers too and loved Varadero beach (Cuba) was great for length, we have only been to bim once and we walked Accra beach and the boardwalk everyday what I read its about a mile long, I read somewhere that I think browns beach is the longest, I could be wrong

10. Re: Nicest Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2011, 08:51