We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SIlver Point Hotel in September!

Brooklyn, NY
3 posts
Save Topic
SIlver Point Hotel in September!

Hello fellow travelers!

I am taking my boyfriend on a surprise 30th birthday trip to Barbados from Sept. 19th-24th and although we are both well traveled neither one of us has been to Barbados before. After a good amount of research I decided that Silver Point was the place for us as it is not in the middle of the major "touristy" area. We are planning to rent a car and would greatly appreciate any advice on rental companies and driving around as well. My BF is a pastry chef and we are both big "foodies" so I would also love any other advice on great places to eat, drink, and play! Please feel free to post any other pertinent information!

Thanks!

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SIlver Point Hotel in September!

I think I will have lots of answers for you in my tips. Check them out at: www.barbadostips.com Lots of restaurant reviews based on personal experience.

Try renting through Stoutes Car - they have great quality vehicles, provide excellent service and in my book they are #1. You can check them out at: www.stoutescar.com You will definitely need a car as the hotel you picked is lovely, but very far away from everything, and the sea is rough in that area.

Patisserie Flindt will be a must for you if your boyfriend is a pastry chef. They have 2 locations on the island - one west coast and one south coast.

You can send me a private message if you have specific questions.

New York City, New...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SIlver Point Hotel in September!

Happy EB -

What a coincidence! I too am taking my boyfriend on a surprise 30th birthday trip to Barbados and it is a first to that island for the both of us. Unfortunately we will only overlap for one day! We will be at the SIlver Point from September 16th - 20th. We are from Queens and would love to meet up for a drink while we are there together.

Through some research, I have heard that the restaurants to visit are Aqua, Champers and Tapas.

Cant wait to try the pastries that Lois recommended.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SIlver Point Hotel in September!

Hi Happy EB,

Just so you know, Aqua closed a couple of years back. In its place is Tapas, which is pretty good.

New York City, New...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SIlver Point Hotel in September!

Sorry about the misinformation. Thanks for correcting Lois. What other recommendations do you have?

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SIlver Point Hotel in September!

Closest to you is Cafe Luna the roof top restaurant at Little Arches hotel which is very nice. The beach (Miami) is great here too with a Mr Delicious food van. You are close to Oistins for the fish fry on friday nights.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SIlver Point Hotel in September!

Lots of recommendations on my tips: www.barbadostips.com

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,208 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SIlver Point Hotel in September!

Go to Visit Barbados at the following website and you'll find all sorts of great information http://www.visitbarbados.org/

Brooklyn, NY
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: SIlver Point Hotel in September!

Thanks for all of the tips everyone!

9. Re: SIlver Point Hotel in September!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2011, 06:54