We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados with small children

Cardiff, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Barbados with small children

Ive been meaning to book this holiday for over 6 months and now my 30th is soon approaching and I am nervous now!

My intention is to take my partner and I and our 3 and a half year old and our 18 month old for 2 weeks to All Seasons Resort Europa.

I have been to Jamaica and although I dont mind it I felt cannabis was very openly smoked and offered and I want to avoid that now I have children!!! Also is the weather suitable for beach play in November? The 10th we fly. Any other info would also be greatfully recieved!

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados with small children

Cannabis is around but not openly smoked like it would be in Jamaica. You will likely be solicited on many of the beaches but the "vendors" are discreet. If you're with your family, away from St. Lawrence Gap late at night or the fringe areas of Oistens at the fish fry, you may never even notice it's around. My wife hardly knew what was going on when we were there recently so a young child certainly won't.

Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados with small children

Barbados is very child friendly and I don't think you would be approached by anyone with children present. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time in Barbados with your family and enjoy the outdoor night life.

Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados with small children

As previous posters have said, you may be asked on the beaches, but a 'no thank you' and they soon go. To be honest, you may not even be asked if they see you with children.

November weather will be fine for beach play. It is slightly cooler than the summer months which will be better for you with the children.

4. Re: Barbados with small children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 07:33